Newbie!!

Options
Hi everyone!! I am new here (sort of). I signed up last week, but haven't really started yet. Right now, the thought of losing 40 lbs. sounds like an impossible task. Even when I see all of the success stories, it's hard to imagine myself as one. I am hoping that the structure of this site and the encouragement from other members will help keep me motivated and disciplined.

Replies

• dixiechicdana
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have a hard time losing weight no matter what I eat or how hard I exercise. However, I have lost 7 pounds since starting about 10 days ago so that is good. If I can do it, you can too....welcome to MFP!!!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    You came to the right place. Good luck in your journey.
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    My goal is around 40lbs too, and at first I thought I'd never do it! But here I am 3 months in and around halfway!! This site has literally changed me for the better :) Welcome to mfp!
  • amstrickland
    amstrickland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I appreciate your support!! Congratulations on your weight loss as well!!!
  • awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an amazingly supportive environment. If anyone needs any more friends, feel free to request!!