Can I really do it?

Options
I am young, 19 to be exact. I am a 10 month old son and recently married. I just feel like I can never break old habits. I eat out too much, drink too much soda, and dont eat enough fruits or vegetables.

Now, not only can I not break my bad habits, but my husbands are worse. lol. :laugh:

But my son is getting old enough where he can eat what we eat, I dont want him eating unhealthy foods.

I guess I just feel like...CAN I EVEN DO THIS???

Ahhhhh. I am almost 50 pounds over weight and I just dont think I will ever get any results. :mad:

Replies

• forcedbyangels
    Options
    I am young, 19 to be exact. I am a 10 month old son and recently married. I just feel like I can never break old habits. I eat out too much, drink too much soda, and dont eat enough fruits or vegetables.

Now, not only can I not break my bad habits, but my husbands are worse. lol. :laugh:

But my son is getting old enough where he can eat what we eat, I dont want him eating unhealthy foods.

I guess I just feel like...CAN I EVEN DO THIS???

Ahhhhh. I am almost 50 pounds over weight and I just dont think I will ever get any results. :mad:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    you can do it! feeling fat sucks!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!
  • forcedbyangels
    Options
    Somedays, I try sooooo hard and just end up folding to the evil mountain dew. :angry:

But, I know I need to change things. I am at the highest weight I have ever been 174. And I have been at that weight for 4 months. I lost my baby weight and some how it came back?!?!

How in the world does that happen. No good I tell you, and just plain not fair.
  • artnoren
    Options
    Get the Mountain Dew and all the other "off limit" foods out of your home. Stock up on veggies and fruits. If you get a craving for something crunchy have a palm full of almonds or walnuts, or try Blue Diamond Almond Rice crackers or dry pop some Orville Redenbacher's Original Gourmet Popcorn. If you have a sweet tooth try a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich. And don't eat out until you have been on the program for a while. Good luck! You can do it!. I've lost 70 lbs. since January.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. When I started on here my son was 9 months old. I was starting to get into feeling like my eating habits should not transfer to him, because it was unhealthy. So I did it. Exactly the way I quit smoking. When I found out I was pregnant, that was it, because it was affecting him. I started on here and just decided that that was the end of my terrible eating habits, because now it was affecting him (it was affecting him when I was pregnant and when I was breastfeeding too, but somehow it was different when he could eat the same thing I could). It took a LOT of willpower, but I just said, "I will do this for a month. I will eat healthy, I will cook healthy foods for my family, and that's the end of it. Treats will be treats, that's all." And it worked. Once we did it for a month, it was habit. I'm not saying it wasn't hard, and there have been nights where I give in to Ben & Jerry, but 99% of the time, I'm eating fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. And so is my son. It felt hypocritical of me to insist that he eat healthy and I could eat whatever crap I wanted, so I changed for him. You CAN do this. I know you can.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :mad:
    Wow! How many spouses do you have anyway? :laugh: Seriously tho, YES you can! It's setting yourself up, and doing all the little things, that end up making such a HUGE (excuse the pub) difference! The neato part of MFP is that, in this one site, you have ALL the tools, and resources, and the "we put fun in dysfunctional" family for support! Hugz for you (and all those hubby's :wink: ) for your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Tell your husband to hide his treats and eat them when you are out or sleeping!!! You can do it. Start with some exercise, even a bit of a walk as it makes you feel so healthy that you want to eat healthier.
    Kim
  • forcedbyangels
    Options
    Ha, So yeah I guess I have a few husbands....

I meant to say husband. I appreciate all the support. I actually havent eaten out in a week, which doesnt sound like a lot but....
    I also ate out at least 3 times a week...so slowly but surely I will do it. :smile: :smile:

THANKS!