30 Day Shred-- Is this your main exercise?

Options
I just finished my first day of 30 day shred and it is my last exercise of the night.. I ran 20 minutes this morning and then did the elliptical for 35 minutes. For those of you doing 30 day shred.. do you only do shred or is it just a supplement to your other exercises?

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am on D6L2 of the 30 day shred. For now it is all I do.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    D6L1
    i walk when i go to a store but no it's my main exercise
  • Emilyanne6081
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of the 30 DS and I try to in cooperate other forms of cardio....since it was my second day i (and I'm super sore) I kept it relatively light but I did like 30 minutes running/walking on the treadmill and walked all of my errands in town, instead of drove.
  • OUKoala23
    OUKoala23 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'd like to know the same thing! I also just started the Shred today and earlier I did about 35 mins of cardio on the treadmill (my usual work out). Planning on doing both but don't want to over-push it too much at first. My legs are already killing me. lol
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start it and i'm also gonna go to the gym prolly every other day. I hate doing the same thing every day so i have to switch it up
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I am on D8, L2. I usually do something else, time permitting. Sometimes I do level 1 and level 2. Most days, I do some type of additional cardio like treadmill or stepper or bike.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I did day 4 level 1 today. I also walk 45 mins to an hour every day.
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13. Also doing 30-45 min of cardio along with shred.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do it along with other exercises. I use my treadmill, Leslie Sansone: Walk at home & Biggest Loser Cardio Max right now. I mostly use Biggest Loser and 30 Day Shred, and do them both 5 days a week.
  • sunflowerhcb
    Options
    I just finished Day1 Level1 of the shred. I also do the eliptical or stair stepper for 45 minutes.

When we fill out our excersice for the day, how do we describe the 30 day shred? Is it cardio?
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    When I did The Shred... I did the workout and followed it up with 30 minutes on the treadmill jogging or 60 minutes on the bike. I highly recommend jumping right into cardio after you do your shred while your body is warmed up and you can quickly hit the sweet spot as far as HR goes.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day1 Level1 of the shred. I also do the eliptical or stair stepper for 45 minutes.

When we fill out our excersice for the day, how do we describe the 30 day shred? Is it cardio?

Most people log it under circuit training. If you have a heart rate monitor to tell you how many calories you are burning, then you can just enter your own amounts.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    main? yes. only? no.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm on D8L2 of 30 DS. I also do kettlebells and HIIT on a stationary bike.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use it to supplement. A 25ish minute workout (even a kick-butt one) does not feel like enough for me. I'll either add in a really walk (a few miles) with it, do my stationary bike for another half hour, etc. in addition.

Yesterday for instance I did the Shred and also did the Wii Just Dance with my son for a little over an hour.
  • sunflowerhcb
    Options
    thank you ;)