pcos anyone??

Options
Hey,
I have PCOS (polysystic ovarian syndrome) and was wondering if there were any other women out there who have it??

Replies

• mrsparker31
    mrsparker31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes I have PCOS and find it very difficult to lose weight :(
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi I have pcos as well and I have met lots of people on here that are in the same situation.
  • plantbasedbreezy
    plantbasedbreezy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I also have PCOS. I got up to nearly 200 pounds and my doctor put me on a medication in September called Metformin. That medication alone has cause me to have regular cycles as well as drop my weight down to 165 with little to no effort.
    Though it's horrible with side effects until you get used to it. I still have GI problems from time to time.
  • samanthastone123
    Options
    I have been told I have PCOS. I lose weight very slowly and when I do I really have to work for it!
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us on here with it. Just go into any of the trying to concieve threads or losig to concieve and it is full of us. Welcome to MFP have fun with your journey. You can do it we all can.
  • redsquirrel
    Options
    Hi. I am a newbie with PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2004 and was told I would never lose weight! I simple refuse to believe that. I have found a book that has been the single most important thing in my struggle/journey with weight loss. The name of the book is, "The PCOS Diet Plan" by Hillary Wright, M.Ed, RD. I want you to know that this is not a diet. This book is very well written and very easy to understand. It informs women with PCOS what foods to put together to accomplish weight loss. If you get a chance, try to check out this book. I am still reading and processing the wealth of information! I joined this website to keep track of what I am eating and how much I am exercising. Wishing you much success with your journey! You can do it!! I refuse to believe that failure is an option!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We are just a few of the many people on here that also have PCOS. I have been finding it really hard but everyone on here is great to talk with. Feel free to add me and send me a message when you need to chat.
  • mrsparker31
    mrsparker31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started on metformin 3 weeks ago. No side effects so far, thank goodness!
  • mandaleigh3505
    Options
    That is what brought me here as well.
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I found out I had PCOS in....I think 2008 or 09. My hubby and I were trying to conceive, without any luck. They put me on clomide and thankfully this last year I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl. We also have a four year old son. After my son was born, in 2006, I struggled to lose the pregnancy weight. I put on about 50lbs during that pregnancy. By the time I got pregnant again I had lost maybe 20lbs. Now that my daughter is 7 months I really want to lose the weight and be a healthy roll model for my children. My doctor is hesitant to put me on any medication for it...and I would rather not go on any as well. It is nice to know that there are other women struggling with this out there for the support.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have it as well and it definitely makes it hard to lose weight!