smoking...

Options
Hello everyone! I have to confess something. I work out hard 5-6 times per week and I follow my calories to a tee and eat all of them, but I still smoke. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy smoker, but I smoke about 5 per day. I love having a ciggy after the gym. I wish I didn't smoke. Does anyone have this problem?

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have to confess something. I work out hard 5-6 times per week and I follow my calories to a tee and eat all of them, but I still smoke. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy smoker, but I smoke about 5 per day. I love having a ciggy after the gym. I wish I didn't smoke. Does anyone have this problem?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Smoking is so bad for you. You know that though I am sure. You just have to decide that you want to quit and just do it! I smoked a long time ago and my boyfriend (now husband) hated it so one day I just never did it again! It was the best decision I ever made!!
  • forcedbyangels
    Options
    I dont think I could make my drive to work without mine.

Just another one of my terrible addicitions..... :cry:
  • rstyles
    rstyles Posts: 16
    Options
    I know how you feel. When I try to smoke less, I eat more. It is very hard to stop
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I am glad I'm not alone! I work out at home and love when I am finished and can go out an enjoy a cigarette. I only smoke about 2-3 per day. Yes, I know it is bad for me and when I am ready to quit I will....in the meantime I am going to enjoy one of my very few bad habits.
  • artnoren
    Options
    I used to have a bad smoking problem. But, I haven't smoked for 19 years. Even so, I had to go on oxygen 24/7 about 4 years ago. Please, please stop. Even light smoking is damaging to your health and those around you.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    thirty friggin years I smoked! :grumble: Then I used Chantix (inerst shamelees plug here) and quit for a wholwe year!
    Then we went to MX on a dive trip, and the afternoons were filled with happy chatting in bars, and doing shots of tequila... and guess what? I'll quit when I come home, bnabe... no problem! B#77$hIT! So now I have finally relented, and am back on Chantix, this time to stay quit for good! So... yeah, I DO share in your pain! :sick:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    when i found out i was a diabetic doctor told me that the smoking was worse for me than my high weight. please stop, you will feel so much better. i quit with chantix, 30+ year, over 2 packs a day EX-smoker.
  • froggirl
    Options
    I feel for you. I quit smoking using nicotine gum and now I'm addicted to nicotine gum! My doc says I need to get off of it but it's not as bad as smoking and I can do it just about anywhere, anytime I please. It just looks kinda tacky to be chewing like a cow all the time.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Have tried everything to stop, but still have my addiction. It is so frustrating to be unable to control the addiction. I hope to be able to stop soon.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have to confess. I'm a smoker (about 1/2 a pack a day). I was on my way to quitting this year with the help of Chantix - that stuff is great! I started smoking again a couple of monhs ago. I don't know what happened...no I take that back. I know exactly what happened. I let the stress of my life start to really get to me and went out and bought a pack. :frown: I will quit. I have to. I promised everyone on my family I would quit by the end of the year. I need to get another script from the doc. I hate the smell of cigarettes. I hate everything about them.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ya know, oh my hawtie sista marianne, it's just soooo darn true that as long as we resist buying a pack, we're ok. But as soon as we DO buy a pack, then it's defeat for us?! Gawd I hate it too.... but that's the nature of addiction, isn't it? You hate, and despise what you are doing, yet we still just hafta go for the "rush", huh? I have such an addictive personality, that it's a miracle I'm sane (sorta) much less alive!
    But hey, we'll all get thru this together, huh?! Luvya derling, and Sparkle Kilt hugz! :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right! I was so stressed one night and left the house knowing I was headed to the convenience store just to buy a pack and thinking all the way there "Crap! This is not good. Don't do it, don't turn in there. No. Don't park, just turn around. Don't go in. Don't..." Then there I was, tearing it open and lighting up before I even got into my car. :indifferent:

Never really thought of myself as an addict, but boy that statement above totally makes me sound like one, huh?
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It took several attempts for me over many manyl years but now it doesn't interest me at all....36 odd years of wasted money and lord knows what damage internally ...everyone can do it eventually, just needs to be the right time for you.
    :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I also have this terrible addiction. I smoke about 5-6 a day. I have decided not to have one today. I am extremely ashamed with this addiction. I am not a big smoker but do love having one. Yet right after I light up I am upset with myself. I am glad I read this today. It has helped me stop and think.

I will read this topic often.

Thanks all

:flowerforyou: