Coffee

Options
Jon_Rod
Jon_Rod Posts: 158
So I gave up coffee because for some reason i started to feel acid coming up in my throat and it made we want to puke so i decide to give it up. i havent drunk coffee in about six months... Today I decided I would try it again and I am drinking it as I type this.. so for no acid is coming up (I wonder if it is because i started working out and trying to eat properly)

Did this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    yuk, I dunno I never drank coffee....I like my tea .... sometimes I get on a starbucks coffee trip when i drink a mocha everyday which is in essance coffee but I have never been dependant on coffee in the morning.....and I only like it if it's masked by sugary goodness like chocolate and whip cream.....Good idea to quit though what made you want to pick it up again.....sometimes I would only drink a mocha on the weekend just to feel the buzz but that wasnt always a good feeling.....coffee bad.....ew
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I didnt start getting that acid reflux with coffee until a few years ago but the acid in coffee and soda which both I drink over a period of years with regular consumption can erode the lining of your stomach. So it will cause that acidy back up in your throat, BUT if you choose light roast coffee's its less. I was a avid starbucks, expresso, dark roast kind of girl and it tore up my stomach. Now I find less acidic coffee's and it helps.
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    Well I just thought I would try it again just for today to see if it happens again....But it has not so thats good (I think working out is the reason behind it) . Im not picking it up again tho...I have felt better not drinking it so I think i will go that route : )
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started drinking coffee when I was younger & 'going out' for coffee with friends. I have drank 1 - 4 cups a day. I cut myself off cold turkey when I was pregnant because the baby books said it wasn't good for the baby. My doctor told me one cup a day wasn't going to hurt the baby so I began drinking it again to avoid the awful headaches that I would get from the lack of. Now I just drink it because I guess I am sort of addicted. I do get the acid reflux sometimes but I haven't experienced it while excercising or after. I have never thought about whether its light roast or etc. I love Folgers, I do get a Tim Hortons sometimes but I am not addicted to it like some are.:love:
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey there,
    I was talking abou this with a friend just recently.
    Like me, she drinks her coffee/tea black, and she was saying that just one day it started causing acid reflux.
    She looked into it and apparently it's an age thing?
    I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me as even though I only have one coffee a day, I simply enjoy the taste.
  • silvergrace
    Options
    I used to LOVE drinking triple tall lattes from starbucks. Then i started getting this horrible chest pain that would come in waves from my stomach all the way to the roof of my mouth. I think the expresso was burning a hole in my stomach! I laid off of all coffee for awhile and now only drink it sporadically. The symptoms only return when i start increasing my intake of coffee again.