the 20 minute trick...

Options
the portion control thing has really been a wake up call. i am sticking to recommended portions and still feeling hungry when i finish the portion....but....

i'm doing the 20 minute trick and it works!!! i'm waiting 20 minutes after i eat the correct portion, figuring if i still feel hungry at that time, i'll eat more. but not once yet...have i still felt hungry by the time 20 minutes rolls around! it amazes me that these small portions are all i need and should be eating...lol.

Replies

• terriberri
    Options
    the portion control thing has really been a wake up call. i am sticking to recommended portions and still feeling hungry when i finish the portion....but....

i'm doing the 20 minute trick and it works!!! i'm waiting 20 minutes after i eat the correct portion, figuring if i still feel hungry at that time, i'll eat more. but not once yet...have i still felt hungry by the time 20 minutes rolls around! it amazes me that these small portions are all i need and should be eating...lol.
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    it's true!! i do the same thing...and i promise, i eat so much less than what i would have before...keep it up!
  • terriberri
    Options
    yep...eating much less, and not feeling that "nap attack" feeling after stuffing myself. still blows me away, cause man...i can eat! lol. and to find these little amounts satisfying if i just wait until they get where they are supposed to, is really something. i'm willing to bet that i'm eating even less than half of what i was before i started this round of dieting.

20 (as in minutes) is now my magic number...lol.
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I had this same problem...I was eating 3 times the amount that i'm supposed to be eating!! the 20-minute trick does work for me too! the first week was a struggle for me, but now I get satisfied (not overly full) from the correct portion sizes!!! Stick with it!!
  • BAudrain
    Options
    Good for you!!! I do the samething with smoking.
    When i feel the need I wait at least 10 minutes.
    I never even thought about doing the same with food
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    It works, I usually come and input my food right after I eat, and read some posts that kills some time!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's so true. It really works!