MFP Runner's Club - October 4

Options
Good morning, runners!

Where are all our early risers??

Did 7 miles super early this morning, since I have a busy day ahead of me.

Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet daughter, Wynne! :heart:

Have a good day!

Replies

• hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good morning, runners!

Where are all our early risers??

Did 7 miles super early this morning, since I have a busy day ahead of me.

Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet daughter, Wynne! :heart:

Have a good day!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi!
    Did 5 1/2 miles this morning. I "slept in" until 6:30 and went out. Nice crisp Iowa day! :happy:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Hey runners! I did 6.5 this morning. This afternoon the hubby and I are going hiking, and we're finishing off the day with a few games of raquetball! Needless to say, I'm going to eat a LOT! :)
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A cold is in full swing. I usually run about an eight/eight and a half minute mile with the stroller, but yesterday it came out to be ten minute miles.

Today is taekwondo and it's going to kick my a**. I think I'll take a break from running today and tomorrow, at least till my cold is better.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Went out this morning at 7:00 and ran 6 miles around the lake. Very nice. I have a question for you runners. I was running with someone and talking and I was running at a pace where it was kinda hard to talk. Would you consider that a moderate or vigorous pace?
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Just got home from runnin my 5k. Timed at 28:19.. that is 4 whole minutes off my time two weeks ago!!!! Hoooaaahh!! I just wanted to be under 30 min and I did it!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Tweety - good job on your 5 K today. It's always a good race when you can knock that much time off .

Sort of cool here this morning. Ran 15.5 miles. Feeling great! :happy:

Have a good one! :happy: :happy:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Went out this morning at 7:00 and ran 6 miles around the lake. Very nice. I have a question for you runners. I was running with someone and talking and I was running at a pace where it was kinda hard to talk. Would you consider that a moderate or vigorous pace?

I've heard that running and being able to easily converse is an easy pace, to be able to talk and not sing is moderate and vigorous - no talking. :smile:

I had a breakthrough today. Threw the intervals out the window and just went an easy pace. I was able to run 4 miles! So excited:drinker: Of course my pace is so slow but it is a big improvement. I had to make a pit stop and after that finished off the course with two miles of walking.

Talk about depending on the kindness of strangers - I was out in the middle of nowhere and really needed a pitstop. After scrutinising every bush I finally flagged down another friendly jogger and asked her where the closest stop was. She said that she was just finishing her run and we were right by her house! What a miracle and what a great person :flowerforyou:

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do?
    Bunny
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tweety -- awesome work!!
    Bunnyr -- WTG!!
    Sherry -- your perception is usually spot on -- if you feel it was vigorous then it was, if you feel it was moderate -- that is where it probably is. Make sense?

Ran about 1 mile, then 1 mile of interval work with the hubby -- raining today and sort of a bad day. Oh well.. tomorrow 6 -- hopefully.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good Evening:flowerforyou:

I slept in and ran 3.4 miles around 7 am. It was nice and cool outside. I LOVE fall.

Have a great weekend
    -Kechie.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I ran 4.5 miles this morning with a running group. It was nice change to run with someone. I still like the serenity of running solo, but having someone to push me once in a while won't be bad either.

Great job everyone!
    JD
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Moderate pace. Not a bad thing. Love to run and talk!
  • carvan
    Options
    Good Evening:flowerforyou:

I slept in and ran 3.4 miles around 7 am. It was nice and cool outside. I LOVE fall.

Have a great weekend
    -Kechie.

7 AM IS SLEEPING IN LOL! Good job getting your run in. What is cool. It was barely 40* here with a fierce wind!
  • carvan
    Options
    No run, though I had planned one. Right hip is bothering me, even to put weight on leg of that side. And pain wraps around to front groin area. Have appt with physio on Monday. so will see what's up
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am here, just posting WAY late! I ran 5 miles early and leg/ calf/ whatever muscle felt great!! My friend is a nurse and she felt it and said it is definitely a muscle thing, not a tendon. Anyway... but as the day has gone on my ankle has gotten swollen and felt worse! I'm icing now, hope it's feeling ok tomorrow. UGH!!!

Hope you had a good one!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    No run today, but 8 is scheduled for the morning. Did TJ Turbo Sculpt this morning.

It is beautiful fall weather here, and I actually saw gas dip below $3.00/gallon. WOW! Can't believe I consider that wonderful :noway:
  • bbpacker10
    bbpacker10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am interested in trainning for a 1/2 marathon next fall and I am wondering where to start. I am just getting back into running/walking on the treadmill and will look for a 5K to participate in soon. But, I am not sure on how to prepare myself for a 1/2 marathon. Any suggestions?
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    halhigdon.com
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    smart coach on runnersworld.com
  • bbpacker10
    bbpacker10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will check that out! I ran 3 miles today!! Yeah, me, I have been pretty sedintary for the last 3 years and I really want to get back into it again. I feel better already, after only a week!! Thanks again for the site.