HELP! fighting a serious pizza craving.

Options
2»

Replies

• Zerita1
    Zerita1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree try Caloifronia Pizza Kitchen or Kashi, there are lots of alternatives out there that will satisfy our pizza craving and not pack on the pounds. It's also true about giving in to your cravings in moderation of course.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I use a 12" whole grain crust, light on the sauce, part skim cheese and veggies. I like black olives, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. It is about 215 calories a slice. I keep the left overs in the freezer for a fast lunch or dinner when I am short on time.

I may not be the best thing when dieting, but in moderation, I think it is fine.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I buy the Indian Naan flat bread from Costco (but can be purchased at supermarket too!) and use it as my flat bread crust. If you only want cheese pizza here is the breakdown:

1 Naan - 230 calories
    Hunts Italian seasoned tomato sauce - this is about 30 cals MAX per serving?
    Low fat mozzarrella cheese - 50g serving is about 220 IIRC

total is 480 for the whole pizza - throw it in the oven and bake it at 450 until the cheese melts. The crust will get crispy and yummy!

I also do this with bbq sauce, grilled chicken breast, black beans and corn, and colby jack cheese. this is one of my favorite go-to meals!
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    bump for great ideas!
  • jaycab1
    jaycab1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bump for reference. Thx!