late night munchies

Options
It's 1am and I can't sleep and I use to eat when I couldn't sleep but I'm not going to do that tonight instead I'm gonna type about it on mfp so how many people use to love the late night munchies and what was your late night munchie of choice?

Replies

• magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Cookies
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Potato Chips :))):flowerforyou:
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    Pop Tarts!! Hahaha
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I have gotten right - okay, it's the only thing I consistently got right. I would read, do dishes, laundry, anything but eat. But I do occasionally indulge in popcorn or ice cream way too late into the evening if we're watching a movie.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    usually what every I could find that was fast and easy. Cookies, pretzels, popcorn, chips, little chocolate donuts, pickles. Really it was just what every. I have gotten really good at keeping my self occupied on here instead of wanting to eat.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    Ice cream yum
    But now I eat cereal or munch on some ice
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    lays and kroger french onion dip! gesh do i miss those days:(
  • Shelbyhartman
    Options
    I can put a serious late night dent into a bag of Almond M&M's.
  • jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    it all sounds good.. i am staring at a box of girl scout cookies.. damn them!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    On a bad day, wheat bread -- I can't stop after just one slice though!
    On a good day, I turn to baby carrots! I typically stay up really late to study, so I often budget 5-6 servings worth of baby carrots or boiled broccoli (seriously).
  • spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    stay away from the girl scout cookies bad bad girl scout cookies
  • ekbontje
    ekbontje Posts: 36
    Options
    Anything really...but one of my worst ones is crackers. Like stupid Premium Plus saltines. I eat them by the sleeve. I don't even like them that much, but the salt is addicting.
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I was just a cabinet raider. Chips, cookies, cereal... anything. I still get the munchies, but now I'll either grab something really low cal or just read the Success Stories on here and it makes me feel almost guilty for being hungry in the first place :ohwell:.
  • Bdmiller42
    Bdmiller42 Posts: 149
    Options
    bananna or a cereal bar but in my head im thinkn taco bell or steak and shake :)
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I would ALWAYS get hungry at 10pm, like clock work! I have a crazy active 6 year old that doesn't gain weight at all because of her ADHD meds, so I always have pizza rolls, hot pockets, chicken nuggets... any and all kinds of kid-friendly, microwave snacks for her to eat after school... and that's what I would always eat at 10pm or later at night... it's no wonder I gained so much weight!

Now, I MAKE myself go to bed no later then 11pm (I usually try for 10pm though) and even if I can't sleep, which is when I get hungry, I just REFUSE to go into the kitchen. It's hard, and at times I think there's no way I have enough will power to NOT open the freezer, but I push through and don't eat!
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    I can put a serious late night dent into a bag of Almond M&M's.

You guys get almond M&M's?
    damn, kinda glad they haven't made it to Oz.
  • Raynne
    Raynne Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the middle of the night.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Im having mad cravings for crispy bacon. Im sooo good all day and then night comes around and i am a snacking machine. Not anymore.....its time for a change.....
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    late night cravings seem to be my biggest downfall. i try and just grab a light babybel or something low cal and drink a glass of water. also, 30 minutes after you rinse with mouthwash you arent supposed to eat or drink anything\ (plus it would make whatever you eat taste funny anyways), so i use that window of time to fall asleep.