How many calories did I burn???

Options
Hi, I am new here and I am enjoying the site immensely. I really admire the camaraderie here. The kudos and insight you share with each other is inspiring. I do have a question that hopefully someone can help me with. Can anyone give me a general idea of how many calories are burnt by spending approx. 5 hrs.digging through, bending over and around a brick pile, tossing good bricks about 5 ft. to another pile and the broken ones about 8 feet to a tractor bucket? Many of these bricks are not singles. They are concreted to several others and weigh about 10-15 pounds. I realize this may be a very silly question, but I can not find anything to match this kind of activity in the exercise portion of this site. (maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?) I would like to have an idea of what I may be actually burning up in calories. Thanks for any help you can give! Tiffany

Replies

• jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    there is an activity for snow shoveling....it's not exactly what you are doing...but I kow I burned a whole lot having to dig my car out for thirty minutes this winter.
  • TIFFIEJO
    TIFFIEJO Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks! That sounds pretty close to the same thing!

Tiffany
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you're welcome!
  • kain_angela
    Options
    If you really want an exact answer.....buy a calorie counting watch. You can get them at any Walmart, Shopko, Target kind of store. I bought on for $30 and it was the best investment. I wear it all the time when I am doing anything physical and it will tell me exactly how many calories I burned. Good luck to you.
  • mandymel
    mandymel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To get your accurate burned calories you need to invest in a heart rate monitor. The sight here gives you a guesstimate it is not accurate. I was doing Tae bo and before I got my heart rate monitor it said I was burning like 600 calories but after I used my heart rate monitor it showed I only burned 300 calories. A heart rate monitor is the best way to go. Hope this helps.