Help - I suck at cooking chicken breasts!

Options
124»

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Try a slow cooker.

Depending on the size... I know I can make 4 in mine. plus added veggies and rice all in one shot :)
    And they come out juicy as long as you put enough liquid in it during cooking time. And you don't have to watch it. Put it in the slow cooker in the morning and ready when you get home from work and you'll even have leftovers :)
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    Your raw/ over cooked problem is probably because your miss judging the cook time b/c its frozen and that gives you dry chicken breast an easy way to thaw with no prep time.... run som hot water till scalding then submerge chicken for about 3-4 minutes hope that helps.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    LOL - okay, I'm probably cooking them too hot too *blush*!! I'll try to cook them at a lower heat too. Thank you so much. I'm also going to try to find some of those spices mentioned and many of the other options - I do get bored with it after a while, so this should all help. THANK YOU!!!
  • missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually defrost in the microwave. 5 minutes on anywhere from 30 to 50% power.

Also ziploc is making some great steam bags, you can cook from frozen. You just throw the chicken breasts and in some spices and throw in microwave for like 8 minutes.
  • froth
    froth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Brine! You can search it on the internet...but the night before, heat 4-6 cups of water, mix it with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup salt (and any spices you might like) in a large mixing bowl or plastic storage container. Add 2 cups ice and chicken. Cover, and let it sit in the fridge until you're ready to cook. Prior to cooking, rinse the chicken well. You will NEVER have dry chicken breast again. You can tweak the recipe for your liking (less or more salt depending on the amount of chicken/water your container will hold.)