After a little over 2 weeks, I feel like a new person.

Options
I started logging in a little over 20 days ago. I haven't missed a single day. I feel like I lightbulb went off in my LIFE. I ENJOY working out now, I ENJOY eating healthy, more complete foods. I'm more aware of my body, and it seems the better my body feels, the clearer my mind is, the more inspired I am becoming in general and the HAPPIER I feel!!!

I used to be the kind of girl that loved to hang out in bed and watch movies all day. A HUGE procrastinator....paying bills last minute, not very good with getting back to people, messy because I put off cleaning. AND NOW, I wake up early, do dishes, keep my car clean, keep my mail organized, cook my own meals before heading to work. I can't remember the last meal I ate that I hadn't prepared myself!

It;s fantastic...everything is falling into place and I can't imagine living life any differently! It's crazy, originally, my main focus were the numbers on the scale, and now, I don't really care much, because I FEEL like a brand new me, and I'm so grateful I started this journey! (although, stepping on the scale and seeing numbers approach a goal one has set for oneself is an incredible feeling)

I only have one friend on here...she and I hit the gym together and motivate each other. But I'm open to making more friends, sharing stories, helping with inspiration, and giving/receiving advice!

Good luck to you all on this personal and yet, thanks to MFP, wonderfully social experience!

Celine

Replies

• gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow....I could have written that post myself. welcome to my world! I too have beed doing this only a few weeks, and feel human again. cheers to us!:drinker:
  • SouthernGirlStarving
    Options
    I just started this today but I hope I feel like that in 2 weeks! Congrats!
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've been using the site for around the same amount of time and I feel great. I had a little set back with being ill for about a week during that time but I think the extra fitness and attention to nutrition helped me recover a lot quicker. I love knowing that I'm eating right (I used to find it so hard to determine if I was overeating) and exercise is actually fun now. I'm a very goal orientated person so the site is great.

Would love to be MFP friends.
  • ccelinou
    ccelinou Posts: 6
    Options
    SERIOUSLY...isn't it great? I've come to realize that when trying on my own, I was probably UNDEREATING...I felt guilty anytime I had a carb..etc...

Now I realize "oh...after walking to work, I can afford to eat some carbs" and it turns out, I'm ALWAYS satisfied with my meals, and I'm basically under my calorie goal and WAY under my carb goal daily. All from being a bit more active. Doing it the healthy way is just so much EASIER. I NEVER feel guilty anymore! So glad you guys are all on the same page as me!

I never thought I would post on here...I just kinda used the calorie counting tool to go about my business and reach my goals. And now I realize so many stories are similar to mine...and reading them gives me comfort and inspiration...SO...since I have nothing but positive things to say...it's my turn to give back!

:)
  • ccelinou
    Options
    CHEERS TO US!!!! love it!
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you get so much more energy!
    Great job changing to a healthy lifestyle.
  • Rkap1017
    Rkap1017 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    haha i hope i feel that good in a few weeks! though i do get what you're saying. I used to really hate going to the gym; besides pilates (which i recently found i LOVE) i was such a procrastinator. But I was home for spring break last week and was hitting the gym everyday and I brought it back to school with me. Now I can't wait to get to the gym - it feels empowering! I hope I can keep it going =)
  • freeflygee
    Options
    Wow, you guys are awesome. I just got back on it and I am dieting ( cutting) for Hawaii in June. It's nice to hear all your stories, it's keeping me motivated. I'm eating super healthy and Im doing at least 1.5 hours of cardio a day. Looking forward to your posts
  • ccelinou
    Options
    haha i hope i feel that good in a few weeks! though i do get what you're saying. I used to really hate going to the gym; besides pilates (which i recently found i LOVE) i was such a procrastinator. But I was home for spring break last week and was hitting the gym everyday and I brought it back to school with me. Now I can't wait to get to the gym - it feels empowering! I hope I can keep it going =)

NICE!! I'm totally on the same page!!! I used to DREAD going to the gym..and I don't know when exactly it happened...but I go 3-4 a week now, and I ACTUALLY enjoy it, and look forward to it. It's a GREAT feeling.

I hike twice a week with my mother...and the last time, I FELT a difference, I'm actually in better shape...it's EASIER now...and THAT's got to be the best feeling ever, to actually feel the difference from all those hours put in at the gym! The human body is a fascinating thing!
  • ccelinou
    Options

P.S. our stats are very similar...started at 151...weighed in at 148 last Thursday...goal 143...ULTIMATE goal: FIT, TONED, HEALTHY 135 :)
  • Rkap1017
    Rkap1017 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

P.S. our stats are very similar...started at 151...weighed in at 148 last Thursday...goal 143...ULTIMATE goal: FIT, TONED, HEALTHY 135 :)

haha well here's to us both reaching our goal!
    mid - april birthday goal: 140!
  • ccelinou
    Options

haha well here's to us both reaching our goal!
    mid - april birthday goal: 140!

I'll drink 8 glasses of water to that!! teehee and congratulations on making a healthy, smart decision that isn't always an easy one to make!