this is tougher than i thought :-(

Options
hmmm , lost 4 pounds first week , gained 4 pounds 2nd week and 3rd week no loss or gain , is that normal? been a very long 3 weeks and finding it hard to keep going with no results. anyone else had this problem :-(

Replies

• chrismisterx
    Options
    Sorry to see you having a hard time, but please stick with it, I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Maybe if people could see your food diary they could help you better understand whats going on?

I lost big the first week and my second week it slowed down alot, I hear thats normal but just onto my 3rd week now. Sorry I cant be more help.
  • karensharley
    Options
    OMG....YES i am having the same issue, i lost a lb and now gained 2! i feel like i am retaining alot of water weight! i don't know i'm staying under my calories or right at it so i don't know what to think! I work hard everyday but not sure what to do. i think i'm gonna switch up on what i'm eating and see if anything changes! let me know how ur doing, DON'T GIVE UP! If you need encouragement i'm here ok.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    dont give up :):) this will happen to the best of us. just push though and try a little harder. :):):)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exersise calories ? Are you drinking enough water? getting enough sleep?

You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same issue here, 6 weeks with only 10 off. I am just sticking to it knowing I am doing what I am supposed to and knowing eventually it will come. I do feel better and I measured on the first, so hopefully, the tape-measure will tell me what the scale has not !!! best of luck. Stay with it, it will happen !!!!!!!!!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself, or if not have you noticed a difference in your tone and how your clothes fit?
    You may well be losing fat and gaining muscle.
    Good luck
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Sounds like there is a lack in Consistancy. With eating or workouts or both.
  • clioq
    clioq Posts: 10
    Options
    Having the same issue. Lost 3.5 lbs the 1st week. Gained back 1 the second week and have been staying roughly the same since... it's disheartening, but I have been assured that it's temporary and to stick with it and the results will start to show... Hopefully sooner rather than later! :wink: