New to MFP

Options
Hi everyone. This is my first time on MFP and so far it looks really cool and easy to use. I came here by chance though I suppose it was destiny really. As hopefully I’m going to start University next January I want to lose my excess baggage. I’ve really put on a lot of weight over the last seven years, going from a UK size twelve to a twenty two. This is mainly because I find myself comfort eating. I’ve tried to lose weight before but other things have just gotten in the way, such as family emergencies and coursework. Another problem that I have is that I don’t really have a support group i.e. someone to keep me going. Seeing how much I need to lose (98 lbs) to get from obese to a healthy weight is severely daunting at the moment, but I am determined to get there. If I want to be a mental health nurse I’m going to need to do this. It’s great to see so many other people here in the same sort of situation as me, needing to lose large amounts of weight; because I’m surrounded by skinny friends who ‘need’ to lose weight. A depressing thing to hear from someone who is a size 10. It leaves you feeling a hundred times worse than you already do about yourself. If they are fat then what am I? Seeing that other people have been able to reach their goals gives me even more motivation to do this. :smile:
Thanks for dropping by.
...raven...

Replies

• sargent1976
    sargent1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome, my sister introduced me to MFP in January and i love it. I have always dieted for a few weeks and then got bored and started eating junk again. This site has really helped, and it's the longest i have ever stuck at losing weight. Counting calories here is so easy and it really makes you think about what you eat. Good luck on your journey.
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!