Bellys going to get ya!

Options
Well folks! After spending most of life been skinny and average build it appears my genes are kicking in and food likes me sooo much its sticking around and I have put on some weight over the last 2 years!

Not saying I am massive but i certainly can do with sheding a fair bit! So hopefully this is the right way about it!

Looking for some peeps that will be able to encourage me a little and sure have a bit of social banter while I am at it!

This is my first run at something like this so advise always welcome!

Tomorrow is St. Patricks day and me being Irish and living in Ireland there will be a tough amount of temptation !!!!

Happy dieting people! :)

Ger

Replies

• ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Happy St Pats day for tomorrow and good luck!

How much have you got to lose??
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patty's Day!! Welcome to MFP.. Best of luck to you!!
  • Dianaflanagan
    Options
    I to have a similar story...The key to it is when you do cheat don"t stress over it and maybe hit the gym a little harder the next day.Good Luck, and Happy St Patricks Day:noway: :
  • mikey3061
    Options
    Happy St Patricks Day for tomorrow.

The best thing to do is stick to the daily calorie limit and be prepared to cut out all the late night snacks....they're a killer for weight. Doing a bit more exercise helps.....it's worked for me. Have lost just over 10 lb in 2 weeks. Going to try and slow that loss down a bit though.

Have a goal in mind. Mine's my Florida beach holiday where I don't have to wear a T-shirt to hide the spare tyre and I can put on my buggie smugglers!

And keep your diary up to date.....it will concentrate your thoughts about getting rid of the weight.

Good luck. Mikey
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck! MFP is full of so many helpful and motivational people you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • jbaden01
    jbaden01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Drink nothing but water 7 days a week. Drink beer on fridays and saturdays 6-12 beers/day but make sure you get in an extra workout for those days. I shoot for a daily workout of 500-800 calories. Friday and saturday I up it to 1100-1400 calories. Ex.- walk nine holes of golf AND an hour on the elliptical. Then it's beer time! No soda's, no junk food and keep the food in your daily limit. Not just calories but all of the other measurements as well and watch the poundage fall off.