Hello from the UK

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the website, although I've been using the phone app on and off since the beginning of the year.
I could really use some motivation to exercise more - since the birth of my daughter and going back to work part-time I can't afford gym membership.
Whilst I'm happy to see so many American cousins on here, I'm also wondering if there are any Brits around?
K

Replies

• julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK. Try buying a few DVDs such as 30 day shred, Davina, and Turbo Jam all these give you a really good work out and have short workouts for when you don't have much time. I've invested invested in a exercise bike, cross trainer and treadmill over the years as the nearest gym is about 10 miles away. You can get some good deals on ebay if you're patient.

Good luck with your journey. Please feel free to add me if you want.
  • ChristineKirk
    ChristineKirk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the uk, have a look at the link below. It's where people from the uk keep in touch.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/117344-team-uk-september10

Welcome aboard.
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from the UK, the Midlands to be exact. This is a great site and decent little community of Brits are on here. Motivation's certainly the thing I've taken in the month or so I've been on here. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

my husband and I are in the UK..... we only joined a week or so ago and have 15 stone to lose between us!!!!

Have you tried www.freecycle.org for exercise equipment.... it's like a "free ebay". Have a look in your area as some are better than others.... I am in the Midlands and it's fabulous!!!!!

Good luck!! :D
  • immortala
    Options
    Me and My other half are from the UK, Wales though to be exact. We've been here under a week and so far so good this is helping us both stay on track.

Good luck x
  • ultraviolencexo
    Options
    Hii,

I'm from South Yorkshire :) been using phone app since June! Glad to see there are people from UK on here, I've only found 1 or 2.

xx
  • diegogirl
    Options
    Hello :o)

I too am in the UK. I live in Warrington in Cheshire. I am an American cousin though (:o) Iived here for 9years. Its a great site. I hope many more from all across the globe are joining.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yup, Londoner here - welcome :-)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'm in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire where it's flat as all hell! Friend requests sent to you all. x
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using the site for about a week and a half now......from Birmingham :-) Also looking for friends t chat t from the UK
  • beth2411
    beth2411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi to you all also in the uk in lancaster in lancashire :flowerforyou:
  • baldric1331
    baldric1331 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hey also from uk here well from wales
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    London here! This site is fantastic for support! Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • artmikhur
    artmikhur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Wales, I have been on the site for 26 days now and it is brilliant. Welcome aboard
  • baby_becks
    Options
    I'm from Yorkshire, only joined a week ago but loving the site... it's my new facebook.... feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • sawshedges
    Options
    Ardo from Rotherham, where the sun always shines, yeah reight lol.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in Wales too! I'm also a Mum who works part time. Walks to the park or beach are a great way to keep your little one entertained and get your exercise in. My Daughter is 2, and she thinks its great fun to dance around the livingroom waving our arms around, not only does it tire her out ;) but its good exercise too.
    Good luck with your weight loss:flowerforyou:

If anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free, we can support each other.
    By the way its great to see so many of us from Wales, not come across anyone else until now!

Kx
  • jw258
    jw258 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm from Birmingham. Since been with my current gf for 9 months we've got to that "comfortable" stage so I've decided to combat the lazing around and snacking.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm in the Midlands near Derby, Feel free to add me to your friends as it would be nice to share ideas/tips etc..
    Rick
  • rach2893
    rach2893 Posts: 3
    Options
    Helloooo!

I'm from the East Midlands, only just started using this site but it's great for calorie counting!
    Feel free to add me, I know lots of yummy, healthy recipes!
    Happpy Weight Loss!

Rachael