Insanity - wrists are weak

Options
The S-S hops, push-ups, etc are killing my wrists!! I weigh close to 200 lbs, and I feel weak and shaky when trying to do these moves! Any ideas or suggestions on how to modify the moves or how to strengthen my wrists throughout the day!?

Replies

• starboardzor
    Options
    For the pushups anyway, push up bars are supposed to help with weak wrists.
  • MelissaG36
    Options
    Try taping them. I have severe arthritis from my fingertips to my elbows, which makes it really hard to do any kind of workout using them. Its sad I have no upper body strength because of this. But Ive noticed people putting tape around their wrists for support. Hope this helps :O)
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd have to suggest the wrist bandages too... also, make sure you're in the correct form with your arms not too far out in front of you or it'll just add more strain that is necessary for that move.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed with my wrists is that keeping up the exercise was what did the trick. I weigh in more than you, and mine used to kill me! I do lots of typing and stuff also, so mine were giving me trouble there, too, once I was working out so much. While I do think that taping can be helpful, be careful because it can also weaken your wrists. The joints will rely more on the tape than on getting stronger, so once they feel better and you quit using it, they will start hurting again. I used to be a gymnast and cheerleader for well over 10 years, and the only time we would use tape on our wrists was for competition or with a new injury. I also work in early intervention with children who have weakness in their ankles and feet for walking, and depending on the reason, we don't alwyays recommend additional support because it doesn't help with muscle development and strength in the joints. Now, I find that with keeping up the exercises and making sure that I am stretching out my arms and wrists, it takes a lot of that pressure off. Also, bending your arms some at the elbows can help the muscles further up in your arms take some of the weight off, too. Hope that helps! We are starting Insanity today, too! :) Good luck!
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I appreciate your advice! :) Have a beautiful day!