I'm a newbie! hello

Options
Hello,
I started getting healthy16 months ago after a bout of sickness that lasted 8 months. I decided that if I ever was able to feel better again I would really try to make a go of shedding pounds. I started cold turkey and stopped drinking pop. I began to eat as healthy as I could and work out every day. The pounds dropped of pretty easily at first but then it began to slow down. I researched and read everything I could get my hands on. I really began to look at the nutritional value of super foods and detoxing benefits. No fad diets for me. It's all about health. I have dropped from 270lbs. to 186 lbs. (85 pound gone and never to return.) I feel really good but I wanted a more efficient way to log what I am consuming so I searched the web and came across this site. I have been logging for a few days now so I decided to introduce myself. I have a few questions after reading some of your posts but I will look through some old ones and see if the answers are there.
By the way, I am 39, married with 2 children,(teens) and have struggled with my weight since I was a teen and I am wanting to make sure that my girls grow up healthier and more fit.
My 16 year old gained a lot of weight from bipolar meds, but after getting on the right meds and changing her diet (no processed foods!) she was able to drop 65 pound in a matter on months.
I also am getting my hubby on board! So It's a family thing now!
Anyway, Hello everyone!

Replies

• mudd101
    Options
    Hello,
    I started getting healthy16 months ago after a bout of sickness that lasted 8 months. I decided that if I ever was able to feel better again I would really try to make a go of shedding pounds. I started cold turkey and stopped drinking pop. I began to eat as healthy as I could and work out every day. The pounds dropped of pretty easily at first but then it began to slow down. I researched and read everything I could get my hands on. I really began to look at the nutritional value of super foods and detoxing benefits. No fad diets for me. It's all about health. I have dropped from 270lbs. to 186 lbs. (85 pound gone and never to return.) I feel really good but I wanted a more efficient way to log what I am consuming so I searched the web and came across this site. I have been logging for a few days now so I decided to introduce myself. I have a few questions after reading some of your posts but I will look through some old ones and see if the answers are there.
    By the way, I am 39, married with 2 children,(teens) and have struggled with my weight since I was a teen and I am wanting to make sure that my girls grow up healthier and more fit.
    My 16 year old gained a lot of weight from bipolar meds, but after getting on the right meds and changing her diet (no processed foods!) she was able to drop 65 pound in a matter on months.
    I also am getting my hubby on board! So It's a family thing now!
    Anyway, Hello everyone!
  • froggirl
    Options
    Welcome!
    My daughter, who lives over 100 miles from me, introduced me to this website and we have kept in closer contact than ever because of our common goal.
  • Dkrallfan143
    Options
    WOW! Congrats on the weight loss! I know how you feel about not wanting your kids to follow in those footsteps. I'm 34 and have been married for 16 years. I have a 14 yr old son and my daughter is 7 MONTHS :) I was in a car accident when the baby was 3 weeks old and have been laid up. I'm finally able to get moving again. I thought about my health more after the accident and decided it was time to get moving. You are an inspiration...I have nearly 100 lbs to lose. I wish you best with your journey!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Welcome!! You'll love this site and all the great advice you'll get!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mudd101
    Options
    Even thought I am excited about the 85 pound loss, I have to say that when I dropped my first 10 I was so happy and then the second 10 came off I was thrilled and then when I reached my first goal of 30 pound loss I felt empowered. But what was overwhelming was the long, long journey ahead.:yawn: But I look at each pound now as a goal instead of every 10 pounds. It's easier to not get discouraged when the weight comes of slowly. So for those who have reached the 10 or 20 pound mark and are still motivated to a healthy lifestyle, cradulation! It's a major achievment!!