How much sugar in a day?

Options
How much sugar should you eat in a day?

Replies

• Jessisweet2194
    Options
    anything you consume has to be 14 g or lower in sugar IF you want to lose wait...as told by my nutritionist.
  • gretchann917
    Options
    I'm no nutritionist, but I know sugar does not necessarily help your causes at all if you're trying to lose weight. I always consider the source as well- sugar from fresh fruit is WAAAAY different from sugar in cereal, ice cream, cookies... etc.
  • bonbon1472003
    bonbon1472003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i will eat a apple or another fruit in a day otherwise no sugar added or in products and no milk and no fake sugar. check out how much sugar is in skin milk.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    im set for 30 g a day but i have been hearing that as long as you dont over do it in refined sugars u should be good. Aim for natural sugars in fruits, dairy...so forth...because these are sugars that are meant to help you...all in moderation of course
  • Jacks6688
    Jacks6688 Posts: 19
    Options
    Yikes...ok I need to watch what I'm eating then because it's only lunch and and over by 15 g.!

I think the problem is I love orange juice in the morning...
  • Jessisweet2194
    Options
    Well the sugar consumption of only 14 g below has worked great for me, that meant basically no soda and other high sugar foods (and I only eat a minimum portion every 2 weeks of chocolate or other sweets) before i did 'myfitnesspal' I weighed 207 then when my nutritionist suggested I try some sort of online food diary i was already weighing 200 and right now as I am typing i weigh 198 so I'm just saying this worked out for me and maybe if you give it a try and are willing to let go of the sweet stuff for a little while, this can work for you too! :) plus since i didnt drink soda anymore i began drinking more water and my hair and skin looks healthier. Oh and you can have orange juice but look at the label in the back a.k.a the nutrition facts and check the serving size, it may say serving size "8fl. oz" (1 cup) or something like that, and you can have oj once in a while but make sure you drink the serving size.
  • Jacks6688
    Jacks6688 Posts: 19
    Options
    I know, I've just got to cut back on stuff. I don't eat candy or anything, but it seems that if I eat a breakfast bar or anything processed, even if it's low in calories, it is so high in sugar. Plus 8 oz of orange juice is 22 g of sugar! But...I guess that's why MFP is so great, it helps you keep track of what you're putting in your body. Thanks for the tips and I will be trying to eat as much natural food as I can and keep the sweet or processed stuff (maybe even juice) as a treat every now and then :)