Starting to notice

Options
Hi all. Been at this for just over 2 weeks. Had a big loss in the first week (7) and 2.5 this week (despite having a bit of a drink on Saturday night). I am beginning to notice a change in my waistline and I think I'll buy a belt - haven't used a belt in years!

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome feeling, isn't it?
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    It is - but really looking forward to revisting clothes I haven't been able to wear for years (but held on to 'just in case I lose some weight'). BMI under 30 is my first real milestone, but these little boosts will keep me going in the meantime!
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Know just what you mean, I've lost two and half stone in the last six months. Feel great but had to buy complete new sets of shirts and trusers. But hey it was worth it.
    I have now reached my goal so its just a matter of keeping the weight off by watching the diet and keeping up with the gym( which I love - go six times a week). My wife says I'm anorexic which is crazy - its just to get at me because she cant loose any weight. Keep up the good work eveyone, it can be done. BMI is now 24.7 and weight 11 stone 3lbs, I'm so proud of myself.
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Nice one....this is when it starts to become fun...happy shopping!
  • chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep it up!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been here about 2 weeks my self but have only lost about 2 pounds. Which doesn't bother me since I now also need a belt for all my jeans!! Congrats!!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I backed into a belt a month or so ago that I owned in college... It's such a simple thing - wearing a belt.
    The amount of excitement I got out of that simple thing was probably a little rediculous.
    WHO CARES?? I threw myself a mini party in my closet!

Keep kicking butt! Get excited and celebrate every single one of those small victories - It takes every one of them to get you where you're going.
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    It feels great - doesn't it?!? I wore some nice dress pants this past Sunday to church, that I honestly can't remember the last time I wore them, (if ever?!?). Happy day for me! :-) And I can't wait to fit into more clothes that I too have kept "in case"!
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    Know just what you mean, I've lost two and half stone in the last six months. Feel great but had to buy complete new sets of shirts and trusers. But hey it was worth it.
    I have now reached my goal so its just a matter of keeping the weight off by watching the diet and keeping up with the gym( which I love - go six times a week). My wife says I'm anorexic which is crazy - its just to get at me because she cant loose any weight. Keep up the good work eveyone, it can be done. BMI is now 24.7 and weight 11 stone 3lbs, I'm so proud of myself.

That's great man!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nice one mate. I know that feeling. I brought some new suits 3 years ago and they were far too tight but I tried them all over last weekend and they all fit perfect now.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, it is a great feeling when you know efforts are paying off. Keep up the good work and best to you.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    gd 1 keep it up:smile:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thats great to know,keep it up!
  • mrsmartin1001
    mrsmartin1001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's great! I know the feeling. I am down 19lbs and couldn't really see a big difference. But within the last week or so, I'm actually FEELING the difference in my clothes. I'm going to have to start wearing a belt myself. It's getting a little annoying having to keep pulling my pants up because they're falling. But it is a great feeling. Keep up the great job. :flowerforyou:
  • ColinJStewart
    Options
    Had my first compliment from someone other than my wife this weekend. My wife and I are doing this together and so encouragement from her means a lot to me. But for a friend to comment too- that's a really good feeling.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I know the feeling. Someone gave some of their scrub top but they are too big. Plus it reminded me that I had some put away that "were" way too small for me......... Not now ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!