new,my name is jen

Options
hello,this is my 1st time trying this. over the last 5 years i have gained so much weight.i have never had a weight problem. now at 47 i have become 200lbs and i'm only 5'3. hopefully this is a good place to star.

Replies

• jvanaloney
    Options
    hello,this is my 1st time trying this. over the last 5 years i have gained so much weight.i have never had a weight problem. now at 47 i have become 200lbs and i'm only 5'3. hopefully this is a good place to star.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find tons of info and support on this site. Best of luck to you during your journey!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started in late August. I got so disgusted with my lack of willpower, etc that I surfed the internet for help and found this. I am so glad I did. I still have the same lack of discipline etc, but tracking calories and exercise is making me more aware and I'm gradually going in the right direction. I'm sure that, with all the technology offered on this site and all the helpful support, motivation and ideas from members, you will be successful! Good luck.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:

I love the ease of this whole wedsite :love:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome Jen! You've come to the right place if you're looking to lose weight. Lots of support here.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:

I love the ease of this whole wedsite :love:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:

Welcome! I completely agree with sbacon. I'm forever telling people to log all their foods in BEFORE they have them, since it tends to lead to better food choices. Drink lots of water too, it helps!
    There's no place like MFP, it REALLY, REALLY works! :smile:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: welcome u will find this site useful
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yeah-- what everyone else said, and then some-- this is THE place to be if you want to lose weight.

Welcome-- enjoy the ride!!

:flowerforyou: