Droid Users- Good walking app???

Options
thedestar
thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
I have an HTC Wildfire and I was wondering if any other Droid users know of a good app that tells you how far you've walked and the approximate speed? My dad has one for his blackberry. Thanks! :D

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use Cardio Trainer
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i'd look into Cardio Trainer or RunKeeper
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use cardio trainer works well
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cardio Trainer for me too.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cardio Trainer, just be sure to mute it!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've used both Cardio Trainer and Runkeeper. I prefer Runkeeper, but both are good.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I prefer CardioTrainer over RunKeeper. But both work really well.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Endomondo (a free app). It will automatically upload to their website if you create an account and you can review your workouts, see graphs showing your speed and elevation, and see all the statistics (start/finish time, max speed, average speed, etc.). You can also set goals and it will let you know at each mile what your time for that mile and the total time is.

edited to add: you can see the important statistics (speed, time, etc.) on the phone app, but the website has even more.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I use MayMyRun and even if it is just walking, it will track you and your speed. Free app. I am not sure about the other ones.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My Tracks
  • jeebsah
    jeebsah Posts: 39
    Options
    I use JogTracker. I usually pick apps based on the star rating from the users in the apps market, sometimes I'll try each one (of the highest rating apps) until I decide which one I like best. Good luck :)
  • iaho1976
    iaho1976 Posts: 49
    Options
    Cardio Trainer for me too.. You can also get it to synch all your information with a Google health account so you can log in online and look at your progress (you can also see this on the phone)

Ian
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Cardio Trainer
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    LOL on Muting Cardio Trainer. Ain't THAT the truth! LOL
  • JulianDaley
    JulianDaley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been testing a few different Android tracking apps recently and comparing their accuracy on distance. I start all the apps at the start of my walk and stop them all at the end. I then upload the map to Google and edit the track to remove any errors to get the actual distance. Here are some results as a percentage of the actual distance, averaged over a number of different walks (YMMV!)

Orus Maps 100%
    Run Keeper 101%
    Maverick 101%
    iMapMyRun 103%
    Cardio Trainer 106%
    Google My Tracks 108%
    Endomondo 117% (used to be better before version 4.1)

I have settled on Runkeeper and Maverick (for the offline maps support).

Hope this helps,
    Julian.

PS - This is running on an HTC Desire in the UK
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I use Cardio Trainer as well.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I've been testing a few different Android tracking apps recently and comparing their accuracy on distance. I start all the apps at the start of my walk and stop them all at the end. I then upload the map to Google and edit the track to remove any errors to get the actual distance. Here are some results as a percentage of the actual distance, averaged over a number of different walks (YMMV!)

Orus Maps 100%
    Run Keeper 101%
    Maverick 101%
    iMapMyRun 103%
    Cardio Trainer 106%
    Google My Tracks 108%
    Endomondo 117% (used to be better before version 4.1)

I have settled on Runkeeper and Maverick (for the offline maps support).

Hope this helps,
    Julian.

PS - This is running on an HTC Desire in the UK

Interesting information - thanks! I would be interested in seeing how these compare when you run the test using a booster app, along with the regular apps listed above. It forces the phone to "ping" GPS and update the location more frequently than it does automatically, and is supposed to improve accuracy. I use a free one, "Tracker Booster" on my android when I run with it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    love runkeeper, very nice and free too!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I too have been looking for an app for my Droid X.