lEEAVii20
lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
Anyone doing C25K? How is it?
(I'm thinking about starting today)

Replies

• claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and am on week 6 day 2 today. It's worked very well for me. I had literally no endurance before....I would run for 30 seconds and want to die....and now I can run 20 min nonstop. It's a great way to challenge yourself.

I downloaded the podcast that has no music and just the ques to start running and then I used a program to insert my own music. so I just listen to my music until the guy tells me to start or stop running!
  • Chyrita
    Chyrita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I downloaded an app on my iphone to get my started doing it. I did first day yesterday so I can't comment just yet! First day went well though!
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone was starting about now... I would be into starting it with you.
  • lEEAVii20
    lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cool, I wanted to start at week 3 day 1...is that safe?
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am super excited to start this! I just downloaded the app on my iphone! Will maybe start tomorrow! Good luck everyone!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was meant to start this week, but decided not to,sticking to my own intervals for now,want to start afresh on Monday,just because I'm keen to build up my endurance! :D
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Cool, I wanted to start at week 3 day 1...is that safe?

If you're in decent shape already and used to running, it should be. If not, start from the beginning.
    I tried it and only made it to wk 3 before my knees gave out on me- I was in so much pain I couldn't walk. Sucked but maybe one day I'll try again.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5...it is really great. I have to run 20 minutes straight at some point this week and I'm a little stressed about that...but I'm doing it on the treadmill so I might just slow down my speed...but I've really improved my endurance...it is amazing. I never thought I would be running for a minute straight...let alone 20 minutes straight. Stick to it...I have really started looking forward to my runs and seeing how well I do!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 8 Day 1 this morning and can say, with confidence, that IT WORKS!!!!! I originally started in the summer of 2010 and got to week 5 or 6 before stopping to concentrate on distance rather than time (I was running slower then) and picked it back up at the beginning of this year.

When I restarted, I jumped to Week 4 and sort of wish I had started it fresh since it took me 3 weeks to get through week 4 (to my satisfaction). That said, I have sailed through Weeks 5-7 and Week 8 is off to a great start!!!

I cannot say enough about what C25K has done for me and recommend it to anybody interested in running as a great way to build up your endurance.
  • lainglesita
    lainglesita Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've just started week 5 and am really pleased with my progress so far. I would recommend giving it a go. Get some upbeat music to listen to while you're jogging - it makes all the difference!
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    love c25k. on week 3 and can see the difference in my endurance already. i already signed up to do a 5k at the end of the program
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?

Couch to 5 K. A downloadable app that takes you from your couch to being able to run a 5K race in 90 days. I haven't done this yet but have heard nothing but good things about it.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I actually tried the C25K about 3 1/2 months ago when I started this life style change, it was very hard for me to run the 30-60 sec, I felt like I was going to die! Since 3 1/2 months ago I have been exercising everyday and becoming stronger and more fit so when I attempted the C25K again yesterday I did so much better with my runs. I didn't feel as though as I was dying I actually made it through. I'm planning on going out again today for round 2 if it ever stops raining! All and all, I think it's a great program and worth doing but make sure you have good running shoes!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 2 :-)

I think its good, although I'm struggling with shin splints badly this week
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the podcast that has no music and just the ques to start running and then I used a program to insert my own music. so I just listen to my music until the guy tells me to start or stop running!

Oooh that's a good idea. I've been timing myself. Having a podcast will be so much easier :blushing:
  • scarlett2203
    scarlett2203 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Like another reader said, if you are used to running, then yes. If you are NOT used to running but still in great shape, NO--because you can easily get shin splints (ouch!) or even worse, stress fractures (double ouch!) I am on week 3 and will do my 3rd workout Friday for the week. I worked out before I started this program but have a history of shin splints. I started from the beginning, and still have to ice my shins. Just be careful!

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the c25k, I have the app on my iphone which is awesome--you use the app AND can pull up your iPod playlist within the app. When it's time to run ro walk, a voice comes over your (softened) music and tells you to run or walk. Awesome. I highly recommend it!

I run my 5k on April 30th, coincidentally the last run of my c25k workout will be my actual 5k. :)
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I completed the C25K in December and I am doing my first 5k next month. I went from HATING running to actually going out by myself and running 3 miles. You will surprise yourself at how far you will come in the 9 weeks on the program!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!