Nike + iPod

Options
Hey, my first post! I have been with MFP for a while but just committed to myself to get serious.
Anyway, I was on the new treadmill at the gym and hooked up my iPod to use the music controls and it automatically recorded my workout (news to me !).
I gather that I will run thru my iTunes when I hook it up to my laptop but wondering if anyone has merged it with MFP?

Replies

• laurascannell
    Options
    i HAVE THIS APP BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT?? CAN YOU HELP? IT TELLS ME TO WALK AROUND TO ACTIVATE MY SENSORS - THEN NOTHING HAPPENS?? HOW DO YOU USE IT?
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a link to hook up the Nike+ to MFP, you just have to figure out the actual speed you were walking at (DO NOT trust the speed on the treadmill!) and then when entering you exercise under walking, choose the speed closest to what you were walkign at, and then enter the time.

Speed = Distance divided by time in hours.

For example, say you walked 3 miles in 25 min that means you walked at a speed of 7 miles per hour. Remember to change the time into decimals if you are walking for less than 60 min.

Hope this helps.
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You have to have the Nike+ shoes and have the chip that you insert into the left insole. I love this app! I use it all the time! I have been using this to calculate my calories burnt during my runs for 6 months now. It is such a great resource for me, especially since I don't have the money to buy a HRM.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    i HAVE THIS APP BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT?? CAN YOU HELP? IT TELLS ME TO WALK AROUND TO ACTIVATE MY SENSORS - THEN NOTHING HAPPENS?? HOW DO YOU USE IT?

Do you have the sensor to put into your shoe? If you don't then the app won't work.

You need to go to best buy, an apple store or someplace like that to get the sensor... it's only 29.99. You also need to stick the sensor underneath the laces ontop of your shoe so it can sense your walking.

Hope it helps. :happy:
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

if you don't have the shoe sensor you can't use the app that you have because it needs to link to the sensor to track your time. The sensor is only about $19 at target. If you have the iphone you can get the gps app that doesnt use the sensor but then when you run on a treadmill it wont track it unless you can plug it into the treadmill.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

The sensors are in the chip you buy to go with the app. No chip and it doesn't do anything except keep telling you to walk around while you scream "I am" at it. :-p
  • laurascannell
    Options
    OG I HAVE THE NIKE+IPOD, I WILL TRY AND FIGURE IT OUT - THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!!
  • laurascannell
    Options
    HAHAHA IM SO DUMB!! WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE THIS SENSOR THEN!! THANKS :) XX