Chicken Parmesan - 350 calories!

Options
Not sure if this has been posted before, but the family and I make and eat this weekly. Here's a suggestion for a very filling meal for under 400 calories. Ignore the title, math was never my strong suit :)

We all know boneless chicken breasts are a good option. With that in mind...

Cut chicken breasts into 6 oz portions (200 cals) - or 8oz portions for 220 cals. Bake them in tomato/spaghetti sauce (sauce - 50 cals for 1/2 cup) at 375. Make sure you cover with foil as to not burn the sauce.

6 oz breasts - 27-30 minutes. 8 oz breasts - 30-32 minutes. Keep in mind I am using a square glass brownie style dish. Not sure of the dimensions. 7x7? This doesn't include the adding of the cheese below.

Make angel hair pasta and give yourself an entire cup, cooked (200 cals). Or half a cup for 100 cals.

Put some shredded lowfat mozz cheese (1/4 cup = 50 cals) on the chicken last five minutes of baking. Remove the foil during these final five minutes.

Lots of protein, just the right amount of carbs. Depending on how you make it above, the entire recipe is as low as 350 calories or as high as 420 calories. Leaves plenty of room for salad!

Replies

• TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds YUMMY!!! Perhaps that is what I will try tonite since I already have chicken out!! Thanks for the great idea!!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I like it :)

Thanks!!
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    bump thanks!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but the family and I make and eat this weekly. Here's a suggestion for a very filling meal for under 400 calories. Ignore the title, math was never my strong suit :)

Grilled chicken is always a good option.

Cut chicken breasts into 6 oz portions (200 cals) - or 8oz portions for 220 cals. Bake them in tomato/spaghetti sauce (sauce - 50 cals for 1/2 cup) at 375. Make sure you cover with foil as to not burn the sauce.

Make angel hair pasta and give yourself an entire cup, cooked (200 cals). Or half a cup for 100 cals.

Put some shredded lowfat mozz cheese (1/4 cup = 50 cals) on the chicken last five minutes of baking. Remove the foil during these final five minutes

Lots of protein, just the right amount of carbs. Depending on how you make it above, the entire recipe is as low as 350 calories or as high as 420 calories. Leaves plenty of room for salad!

About how long do you cook it for?
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yum! Sounds great...thanks for sharing!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'm making another version of Chicken Parmesan tonight, someone posted it last week!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

About how long do you cook it for?

D'OH!

Whoops. I guess posting isn't my strong suit neither :) I'll edit the post as well.

6 oz breasts - 27-30 minutes. 8 oz breasts - 30-32 minutes. Keep in mind I am using a square glass brownie style dish. Not sure of the dimensions. 7x7? . Then the additional 5 minutes once the cheese is placed on top and the foil is taken off.
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump thanks
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    Sounds amazing!! Will be fixing this soon!! Thanks for posting! :)
  • kroyalty
    kroyalty Posts: 22
    Options
    Sounds really good--and filling too! How long should the chicken bake at 375? (I should probably know that but I don't cook often these days :smile: )
  • ravenlunatic76
    Options
    When using a glass dish, I would bake at least for 27-33 minutes depending on the size of the breasts (6-8oz). The sauce will keep the chicken from drying out. That's of course before placing the cheese on top for an additional 5 minutes.
  • kroyalty
    kroyalty Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to try this one for sure!
  • ravenlunatic76
    Options
    Anytime! Let me know how it turns out!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Wow! Sounds delish!
  • sociable15
    Options
    no lie, made this the other night. it was delicious.
  • ravenlunatic76
    Options
    no lie, made this the other night. it was delicious.