Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge October 5th

Options
Morning. . .feeling a little better (I think. . .still early to tell) today.

So, I'm going to try for bikram later today.

Also, I'm formulating my new goals for the challenge starting tomorrow.

Mary, I'm very interested in the "phantom food" idea. I think I do this sort of thing all the time. "I really want some potato chips, but oven fries are better for me, and just as good." Then I eat oven fries every meal for a week and still want some potato chips. I'm curious to give this whole "unconditional permission to eat" thing another week and see if I lay off the carbs. They seem to be all I want, perhaps because I haven't eaten them for so long. (highlights from yesterday: pain au chocolat for breakfast and raisin bran for dinner) Yesterday did involve a salad with tahini dressing and turning down white pita bread because "I didn't want it."

Also, down two pounds from two weeks ago (maybe hormonal? who knows?)

Take care of yourselves, ladies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning. . .feeling a little better (I think. . .still early to tell) today.

So, I'm going to try for bikram later today.

Also, I'm formulating my new goals for the challenge starting tomorrow.

Mary, I'm very interested in the "phantom food" idea. I think I do this sort of thing all the time. "I really want some potato chips, but oven fries are better for me, and just as good." Then I eat oven fries every meal for a week and still want some potato chips. I'm curious to give this whole "unconditional permission to eat" thing another week and see if I lay off the carbs. They seem to be all I want, perhaps because I haven't eaten them for so long. (highlights from yesterday: pain au chocolat for breakfast and raisin bran for dinner) Yesterday did involve a salad with tahini dressing and turning down white pita bread because "I didn't want it."

Also, down two pounds from two weeks ago (maybe hormonal? who knows?)

Take care of yourselves, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to give this whole "unconditional permission to eat" thing another week and see if I lay off the carbs.
    :huh: :huh: :huh:

I really think their plan can take months before any positive effects are felt - and I think that is one of the scariest things about it. I've gone years eating whatever I wanted to, it didn't work - for my health or my hips. The trick for me is finding out when I've had enough - and figuring out what my body really wants.

Hope you feel better today. Your appointment is coming up, right?

Today I'm teaching yoga and hopefully getting some other exercise in. I'm having a meal with my competition style eating family and have a hard time concentrating on my food intake.

Just finished "In Defense of Food" to give me the double whammy, with "Intuitive Eating" of enjoying my food.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    One other thing. My favorite quote from "In Defense of Food": "Don't fuel yourself from the same place you fuel your car."
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a proportionally higher number of carbs. . .but substantially less food already. I still haven't worked out if my subconscious is still going "naughty, bad food. . .stop eating it. . .or if I'm actually full far sooner." The important thing for me so far has been reading that "nothing" (feeling neither hungry nor stuffed) can be a sign of being full. I think also the carbi-ness of the past few days could also be the fact that I'm on my lady time, and I'm pouting about my body.

I'm going to go another week without logging my food, at least.

"don't fuel yourself from the same place you fuel your car." LOL . . .my first lifestyle change I made four years ago was the rule: no chocolate from the gas station. I could have chocolate but only if I went to the chocolate shop or health food store to buy it. I used to do a two hour per day commute, and the only source of food was a gas station I stopped at on the way and a McDonalds. My second lifestyle change choice was: don't eat anything you didn't physically get out of your car to get. (I would still stop at McDonalds (shudder) but only eat if I would actually get out of the car.) I saw on a TV show the words: if it comes through your car window, it probably isn't good for you.:tongue:

I think one of my goals for the next challenge will be "don't eat with the TV on." (this will be very, very hard. . .as it is a huge "comfort food" issue for me.)

My apointment is in 9 days. (but who's counting.) I at least want a few "optional" answers at it. My biggest question/fear is "is this Dr. a good Dr. or an a-hole?"
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    good morning! Im on my brother in laws lap top. Our PC isnt here at the new house yet. Ive been painting, stuccoing, painting, and painting some more. We spent our first night here. I have learned that wall paper hides nasty secrets!! rrr that wall paper. My eating has been out of whack. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get back into the swing of things. I will still be painting though hahah
  • yoginimary
    Options
    My new challenge is "just eat" - no reading, no cooking, just sit down and eat - oh, and enjoy what you are eating. I was never a big tv watcher but reading while eating is a bad habit of mine. I would prefer to eat with other people, but that's not always an option.

And remember, y'all, the new challenge starts tomorrow.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm ready for the next challenge tomorrow!

Mary and Vivia -- you both just reminded me that I need to focus again on not DOING stuff while I'm eating. I'm going to start with dinner since it's in my hotel room and I've definitely slipped back into the eating while watching TV and decompressing from the stressful day mode. One day at a time. Tonight that's my goal.

Yesterday:
    Stayed within calories
    Burned 400 calories -- elliptical

Today:
    Hotel room yoga -- aiming for a 60 minute tough session
    NO eating dinner in front of TV
    Took my vitamins
    Drink more water!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Today is my cheat day. Not that I needed one. lol. I am probably going to go out and work on my car for an hour or so. Won't burn many calories, but oh well. Tomorrow I think I can get back into the swing of things. It will not be as busy this week, so I should be able to get my Shred done. May try to do two levels tomorrow since it will be raining and I won't get to walk. Also tomorrow I am doing another push ups test to see where I am.
    I hope you all have a good afternoon!
    Melissa