Need a pep talk! ;)

Options
So, today is starting day 3 with absolutely NO caffeine! I've only had water...water...and more water!!! I couldn't bare adding those unnecessary calories into my database! My heart belongs to a mountain dew or a dr. pepper can!! Today I have an awful headache and just want a sodie! It's all I can think about...gosh, I feel so pathetic just not pathetic enough to break down and have one! lol. Ok, ok, rant over! Thanks! :)))

Replies

• mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I stopped drinking soda I got awful headaches for the first 2 weeks after stopping. I would take 2 Excedrin and it would take it right away. Then after those 2 weeks no more headaches! Keep on resisting the temptation and you will be happy you did:)
  • jlaughead
    Options
    First of all, good job! Keep it up. Second, do not be too hard on yourself. Take a look at the side effects of caffeine, the amount of caffeine in your favorite products, and finally how others have eliminated it from their diet. Once you see how caffeine slips into our lives without our even knowing then you have the tools to stage your battle, you have a better understanding of the enemy. Remember it is a battle, take your time and be strong, you will win. I have eliminated diet soda but still have my one cup of coffee every morning. My battle has been more with the artificial sweeteners, which have some of the same side effects when coming off of them. I will work on the caffeine next. Excedrin Migraine has been a handy tool for me but....it has caffeine. I am super impressed that you have gone three days! Don't forget about milk!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking pop yesterday and I have the HUGEST headache. It doesn't help that it's about "that time" and I get huge sugar and junk cravings too. ARGH! But if we stay strong, we can be a healthier, happier version of ourselves... and isn't that worth more than a sugary beverage? I swear though, they must put crack in there or something.
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!! Excedrin Migraine has totally replaced my soda can!! Today I honestly feel like soda is a drug..I feel kind of anxious, cranky, jittery! I have never done drugs but I feel like it's an addiction and I'm attempting to get clean.It's ridiculous the effect that those things have on you. :(
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When your body is addicted to caffeine, you will get headaches for a while. If you can just get through the next week or two, you will be fine. All the water will help with the cravings too. They will subside after a week or two of your 8 cups of water/day. I know I don't crave most of the stuff I used to. Only on a few occasions have I broke down. And use the fist method. When you feel a craving make a fist with one (or both) of your hands. It helps with cravings. I don't know how it works, but it does!

If you like coffee at all, I have figured out a way to have it for 37 calories. 6 oz coffee, 2 tsp coffeemate powdered creamer (I use light or fat free), and 1 tsp sugar. I can't quite caffeine so I need my morning cup of coffee.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    just remember that Excedrin has caffeine in it...that's how it takes the headache away!