BEST ALCOHOLIC DRINK WHILE DIETING???

Options
Hey Everyone,

With St. Paddy's day tomorrow, I'm wondering what everyone usually drinks while they are trying to keep their calories and carbs in line? What's the "best" alcoholic drink to consume? Best beer? Or best mixed drink???

Replies

• lmk224
    lmk224 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke or malibu and diet coke, both under 60cals but apparently malibu is nutritionally worse because of its sugar content
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Dry white wine - make it go further by turning it into a spritzer with some soda water.

Gin and slimline tonic

Vodka, soda-water and lime. Or vod and cranberry.

Champagne :-)

(You tell I've reasearched this subject pretty thoroughly, can't you. And yes, I am Irish!)
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    light russians and cranberry and vodka are big diet favorites.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just read through a 40 page slideshow on men's health that compared beers. It recommended Guiness Draught over Guiness Extra Stout. Other top picks were Amstel Light, Beck's Light, and Sam Adams Light. It also recommended the usuall lame weak American light beers. ICK It suggested avoiding a few of my favorites Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Blue Moon Belgian :-( Also it said Killian's Irish Red is NOT a good choice.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Jack and Diet...45 calories.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    and oh yes.
    believe it or not

guiness is actually a better choice than alot of "light beers"

so if you're gonna do a brew; be sure to do it right!
  • reilee3
    reilee3 Posts: 5
    Options
    Jack Daniels and Diet Coke; it is like 65 calories.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    what's a light russian?

I stick to wine or rum and diet coke.
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    Jack Daniels and Diet Coke; it is like 65 calories.

No way. really? I wouldnt think Jack was that low in calories.
  • sammantha10
    Options
    gin, rum, whisky or vodka
    and
    water, soda water, tonic water, diet soda, cranberry juice (high in sugar though) etc
    and lime to make it taste like something!

except for cran, theyre all like 50-65 calories
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A light Russian might be a white Russian, vodka with skim milk.
    A lot of the numbers being given seem off, I'd do my own research if i were drinking.
    Red wines (not sweet) are 25 calories an ounce.
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a site that gives nutrition information on a lot of commercial beers, both imported and domestic. It also gives alcohol content so you can opt for a lower alcohol beer so that you can keep your wits about you and not fall prey to what I call the "drunk snacking" where you get to a certain point and loose your will power to avoid all the yummy snacks that are always around at bars and parties.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I like Coke Zero & Vanilla Vodka. I also like shots of Southern Comfort & Lime only about 70 calories & then drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke inbetween. ;) Have fun!
  • use2becaligirl
    Options
    I drink vodka and instant peach tea. The only calories you get is from the vodka. Yummy drink!!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I just read through a 40 page slideshow on men's health that compared beers. It recommended Guiness Draught over Guiness Extra Stout. Other top picks were Amstel Light, Beck's Light, and Sam Adams Light. It also recommended the usuall lame weak American light beers. ICK It suggested avoiding a few of my favorites Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Blue Moon Belgian :-( Also it said Killian's Irish Red is NOT a good choice.

Is there a link to this?
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My favs are vodka and diet tonic with lime or whiskey and diet soda.
  • SerenaP82
    SerenaP82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually do Captain Morgan and Diet its about 86 calories. You can find Voli light vodkas at liquor stores in a variety of flavors but Ive never seen them at bars.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I read somewhere that "they" were going to start making bee/wine/liquor put the nutritional information on the labels. that would be nice! :drinker:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    90 CALORIES FOR A GLASS OF RIESLING...MY FAVE WINE!!! :heart:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    103 CALORIES FOR A SHOT OF JAGER....MMMMM. I LOVE LICORICE! LMBO! :drinker: