Replies

• Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    None IMHO - All slows your metabolism to a crawl - even 1 bevvie
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Vo:drinker: :drinker: :smokin: dka and great value lemonade/cranberry drink mix. Drink mix is 5 calories per 8 ounces. I usually do 1oz shot to 3oz drink mix, or you can make yourself a big cup just measure your oz and put it in the freezer until slushy for all home lushes....yummy!!!
  • Teeeravis
    Teeeravis Posts: 16
    Options

I'm with you on this one. Alcohol totally throws off weight loss in a number of ways. Thus, i'll be sitting this year out :).

In any case, Vodka and diet cranberry is probably my favorite :).
  • wmubuffettfan
    wmubuffettfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Crown Royal and Diet Coke :)
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    According to my trainer, when I go out, I can drink "Vodka and Soda Water", "Vodka Rocks" and "Red Wine" only.

4632107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    BUD 55 all the way. Only 55 calories per bottle of beer :)
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    BUD 55 all the way. Only 55 calories per bottle of beer :)

Only 55 calories, no after taste and I don't get a headache! :laugh:

I always wondered about the old theory of Rhine Wine? I think I'm going to type these things into the calorie counter and see what the results are...I DO know that SHOTS are ALL sugar! HIGH in calories!

WHATEVER you decide to drink for St. Patty's Day - here's an Irish Blessing for you:
    "May you have the hindsight to kow where you've been,
    the Foresight to know where you're going
    and the INsight to know when you're going too far":drinker:

SAFE St. Patrick's Day everyone!:wink:
  • staceywoo
    staceywoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Vodka and slimline tonic, with ice and a slice of lime = approx. 60 cals.
    I drink this most of the time, and it's a nice refreshing drink - perfect for when spring/summer hits and everyone else is drinking beer and cider :)
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This past weekend since the weather was so nice where I live we made homemade daquiris. Not sure how high the calories would be but we used light colored rum and fresh fruit with nothing else. We made peach ones first and did add just a splash of peach soda because the peaches weren't quite ripe and a bit bitter and then we made strawberry and banana ones with nothing added except for ice of course. I am sure th calories were a bit high from the fruit but at least it was fresh, and yummy.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    This past weekend since the weather was so nice where I live we made homemade daquiris. Not sure how high the calories would be but we used light colored rum and fresh fruit with nothing else. We made peach ones first and did add just a splash of peach soda because the peaches weren't quite ripe and a bit bitter and then we made strawberry and banana ones with nothing added except for ice of course. I am sure th calories were a bit high from the fruit but at least it was fresh, and yummy.

Sounds fabulous!!!!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I'm with you on this one. Alcohol totally throws off weight loss in a number of ways. Thus, i'll be sitting this year out :).

It also stops your body from burning all the fat in whatever foods you're eating while drinking. And it burns off nutrients that your body may need. I started a no alcohol challenge on here. I need to kick the habit like you guys!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Vanilla or cherry vodka (the clear kind like Three Olives or Stoli) and club soda.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I'm not sure that's accurate for everyone. I've gone from 123 to 104 in a year, and I enjoy wine almost every day. Could I have lost more or faster? Possibly, but I'll never know, as I'm not planning on gaining it back. Just saying that I doubt alcohol affects everyone adversely weight loss wise. I'll drink to you tomorrow! :drinker:
  • jsarm80
    jsarm80 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for all the suggestions! I LOVE to have a few drinks...I've been super strict and don't want to ruin it by partying to much tomorrow. But, I'm diggin a lot of the suggestions. I wish bars carried more DIET or LIGHT mixers! Would make my life easier. I can't walk up into a bar with my crystal light in hand or light cranberry juice and say, "hey buddy, use this, and charge me less!" lol. I may stick to the vodka and cran idea or the rum and diet coke. If the bar I go to has the bud select 55, that's my choice!
  • jsarm80
    Options
    Vanilla or cherry vodka (the clear kind like Three Olives or Stoli) and club soda.
  • jsarm80
    Options
    Sounds good=)
  • jsarm80
    Options

I'm not sure that's accurate for everyone. I've gone from 123 to 104 in a year, and I enjoy wine almost every day. Could I have lost more or faster? Possibly, but I'll never know, as I'm not planning on gaining it back. Just saying that I doubt alcohol affects everyone adversely weight loss wise. I'll drink to you tomorrow! :drinker:

I"m diggin this! lol
  • ohsosillyalli
    Options
    I've found out about this vodka, Voli at an event in NYC. It's a low calorie vodka and literally changed my perspective on alcohol!

It's around 80 calories a drink - (I like the Voli Lemon with soda and a couple lemon wedges) and tastes amazing! PLUS it has a electrolytes in it which helps with a hangover.

Now that I think about it.. I don't think I ever had a hang over while drinking Voli...
  • ohsosillyalli
    Options
    I've found out about this vodka, Voli at an event in NYC. It's a low calorie vodka and literally changed my perspective on alcohol!

It's around 80 calories a drink - (I like the Voli Lemon with soda and a couple lemon wedges) and tastes amazing! PLUS it has a electrolytes in it which helps with a hangover.

Now that I think about it.. I don't think I ever had a hang over while drinking Voli...