Favorite low cal salad dressing?

Options
I'm new here and counting my calories. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on salad dressings with low calories?

I have been eating Kraft Zesty Italian which is 60cal in 2 TBSP but I'm sick of it. Are there others w/less calories? Or around the same amount of calories but creamy??

Replies

• itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    OK, I found this one it's only 40 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's super yummy. Farmer's Boy Lite greek dressing.
    I also like the Maple Grove Farms Balsalmic and raspberry vinagrette. The have a few other flavors that are yummy as well.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Annie's Naturals - Lite Raspberry 40 cals in 2 tbsp. Yummy!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    the kraft zesty italian fat free is only 15 calories/ 2 tablespoons....BUt since you are sick of it there are some light balsamic vinagarettes that run about 30 cal for 2 tablespoons :)
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I usually have Aunt Mids garlic viniagrette. It is 90 calories, but since it doesn't stick to the lettuce, you could probably use less. About a creamy dressing? I don't know. I haven't found a diet ranch I like. I also worry about MSG, and the Organic Hidden Valley Ranch tastes nasty to me.

I would try looking up a recipe to make your own dressing. I make my own Ceasar sometimes. Though I never counted the calories because I wasn't watching my calories the last time I made it.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I either make my own with low sodium soy sauce and a little olive oil, I also like Organic ville (I think that is the brand name) Dairy Free Ranch. It has 60 cals per serving and I usually only use a quarter or a serving anyway.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I love the Great Value Buttermilk Ranch Lite - it's 35 calories for 2 tablespoons.

Also there is a really good Raspberry Vinegeratte Organic Dressing... REALLY GOOD...
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I balance calories with ingredients. There are a lot of low cal dressings that just add other crap to make them low cal. Just like low fat usually just means higher sugar. I've found the Newman's Own Organic and Organicville dressings are really good.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just use whatever dressing I like, but have it on the side and dip my fork in it between bites. I get the taste of the dressing in every bite, but end up not even eating a tablespoon of the dressing in a whole salad.
  • staci817
    staci817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like any of the Ken's Healthy Options dressing especially the Caesar. They are about 70 calories for 2 TBSP.
  • daves1grl
    daves1grl Posts: 26
    Options
    I make my own, non fat almost no cal dressing. 2-3 T. Bragg's apple cider vinegar, spices, and stevia powder. Play around with spices til you find a good combo that works for you. Mine are all experimental and different every time. I just mix it in the bowl I'm using for salad and toss the salad in it. ACV is also good for helping with weightloss.
  • JLKL75
    JLKL75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use just vinegar, evoo with s+p but I actually came across this link the other day: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-best-of-the-light-salad-dressings?page=2

Hope this helps :)
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Good luck finding a creamy that's low cal! I like the Newmans Own Light Balsamic, it's only 40 cal for 2 TBS also. I WISH that the bolthouse Blue Cheese wasnt 130cal! LOL Good luck.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have actually become addicted to balsamic vinegar and citrus juice. Last week I was hooked on lemon with it, but this week it is orange. For 2 tbsp balsamic vingear and 1 tbsp citrus it's less than 20 calories and so yummy. And that's what I use on a mediun sized salad.
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm boring I just use extra light mayo!!
  • digihed1
    digihed1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    By far my favorite is Ken's Steakhouse - Lite Northern Italian Dressing.

In 2 Tbsp, 50 calories, 5G fat, 1G carbs, 1G sugar, 330mg sodium. Sodium is the only negative but I can deal with that as I generally stay fairly low in sodium throughout the day.

It's not fat free either but I don't worry about fat too much. I just generally eat clean and almost no processed or sugary food, and stay at my calorie goal. It's been working so far, lost 29 pounds since late mid to late January.