10 pound loss

Options
When I checked in this morning and had lost 1.5 lbs it said I had lost more than 10 lbs, and did I want to change my goals? I didn't know what to do .So I just clicked that I didn't want to change it. I thought it might drastically cut my calories and as I am losing every week I didn't want it changed. Any ideas on this ? I have not seen anything about it until today.

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have not run into that yet but am approaching my 10 lb mark very soon. Well seems to me whatever you are doing is working so not sure I would change anything. Good luck to your continued success:)
  • aliciads74
    aliciads74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know you can set your calories as you want. I am using the MFP website to make adjustments as I need them. MFP had me eating more calories than suggested by my doc so I had to change it. You can do this under "goals".
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to change your target weight.
    But you should recalculate your calories to eat after losing 10 pounds.
    The difference won't likely be significant. (My guess is it will drop by 50-80 calories per day.)

Congratulations on the first 10 pounds!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    According to the goals you set you lost more weight in the last week than you should have. It happens to me on occasion. I just ignore it. NOW if you had lost 20 lbs in a week, I would recommend that you re-evaluate your calories and exercise.

It is not wise to lose too much weight too fast. Slow and steady is best!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    when you weight less you need less calories, so what you did by not changing it was have yourself a smaller caloric deficit, which means you will lose weight slightly slower than you have been.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious to see the answers to this, too, as I'm approaching the 10 lb mark. Congrats, great work!!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, you will require less energy to go about your daily activities. A 300 pound person can lose weight fast at a calorie intake that would make a 125 pound person gain, if both have the same (low) activity level.

So at one point, you'll want to slightly reduce your calorie goal to keep losing at the same rate. No need to do it just now, especially if what you're doing is working very well right now, but you'll want to re-assess in a bit.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I joined on Jan 26 and I've only lost 11 lbs so it hasn't been that much and only losing a small amt every week.Last wk 2 lbs.this wk 1 1/2 lbs. Of course I am older and that makes the weight come off slower. I think I'm going to leave as it is. Thanks
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have it adjust mine every few weeks to make sure that my calorie goals are going to allow me to keep losing the amount a week that I'm going for (2 lbs a week currently). It's really a personal preference depending on your continued success and goals! :) My calories have dropped by about 100 total in the 2 months I've been using the system.
  • skinneemee79
    skinneemee79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know when I was on weight watchers 5 years ago as you lost weight your points went down, which meant your calories went down. I think you need less as you weigh less, but I have also heard to never go under 1200 calories.