Quick Workouts for Busy Days

Options
Going to be hard to get in any kind of a workout today. I will get home from work at 5:45, we need to be at the school by 6:30 for my son's concert, and we likely won't be home until after 8. Sometimes life gets in the way of my regular workouts.

What do I do?

Does anyone have a quick workout solution? Something that can be done indoors at home?

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I look forward to others suggestions.

The best I manage on days like that are doing some Wii Games (Wii Fit, Just Dance 2). But other than that, don't have many other alternatives. My DVD is broken and I don't feel like laying out the $$ for a new one since we NEVER use it, so that's not an option either.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/at-home-workouts

check out the 'no gear plan' It is a nice one, short and sweet :)
  • amccabe110
    amccabe110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVDs or Exercise TV only take about 20-30 mins each & are awesome!
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    Jog in place for 10 mins at a time or as long as you can. Its quick and easy. Thats what i do. Anything that keeps you in motion is betetr than nothign at all.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do it all in one session, as long as your total minutes per day is about 30 to 50. Break it up into a few sessions to squeeze it into your day.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Check out HIIT workout on the internet... highly recommended for maximum results during a busy day/life!
  • jaydemikaela
    jaydemikaela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ( A bit boring ) but you could use your bottom step. Burns quite a few calories.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's 30 day shred 20 min ($10 at walmart or target)

If the wether is nice go for a walk.

Aerobics moves. Put on some music and do some step touch, grapevines, marching in place, high knee lifts anything to get your hear rate up.

If you have a step or a stable stool step up and down. I do this during the biggest loser a lot.

get a set of weights and do bicep curls and such. Or do tricep dips on a chair.

I hope this helps good luck :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my quick work out is

15 high knee jumps
    5 push ups
    15 squats

keep repeating for 10 minutes

then

1 minute each repeat 3 times

crunches
    lunges
    tricep dips

you can google image any of these work outs to get an idea of what they are

if you still have a bit of time, do 30 seconds of

planks
    bird dog pose
    swimmers

hope that helps
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a 10 minute Special K workout dvd. It is awesome. It has 4 10 min workouts on it that include kickboxing one, full body blast, buns and thighs and I can't remember the name of the last one, but I do it before work every other day. I only have to get up 10 minutes earlier and I feel great all day until my night time routine! Totally recommend!!
  • Lisardgirl
    Lisardgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great suggestions!!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    The 30 day shred is awsome, its 3x20 minutes and you can really feel it. I also have '10 minute solution blast off belly fat' which is 6 x 10 minute workouts. The Jilliam Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is 40 minutes total but you can pick circuits which are only a few minutes long. Do you have a wii?? the wii active has loads of short workouts and the Biggest Loser wii game has workouts of varying lengths and intensity. Can you tell I am a single mum!!! I have to do all my stuff in the evenings when the kids go to bed so I have lots of 'at home' stuff. Good luck x x :bigsmile: