I AM SO HUNGRY TODAY WHAT DO I DO

Options
so i've already eaten my breakfast and my 2 snacks for the day (one which included a little bit of after eight chocolate), i am starving, for lunch after the gym im having a sandwhich and yogurt, then i have to wait 3 hours before dinner which is a chicken cesar salad, the only thing that makes me feel full is diet coke which is starting to make me feel grosse overall. heeeeeeeeelp

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chug down water, whether it sounds good or not. It will fill your tummy and you'll be too full to want snacks!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    If you have the ability, try and eat a fiber one bar. They are loaded with fiber, which fills you up longer and a lot of them are under 100 calories and they have good flavors.

Another thing is fruit, since they are full of fiber as well.

Water also helps to fill you up. You may just be very thirsty
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    water! or take some almonds.... the diet coke can be the source of your hunger as it has sugar in it which brings the cravings on...

Nuts are a good source of protein, or boil an egg white or two...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You need to be logging your exercise so that you can eat at least some of your exercise calories. You also should be eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and less chocolate.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    We've all been there!

I have actually found that Diet Coke makes me hungrier -- at least for snacky things. I don't know if it's physiological or psychological, but it's definitely true.

Try filling up on low-calorie, high water content, high fiber foods. I like raw bell peppers (red and yellow are the sweetest!), oranges, apples, celery, etc.

Hot tea with lots of flavor helps me a lot (I use Good Earth Sweet and Spicy). Make my mouth happy, plus I think the warmth makes my stomach think it's got more stuff in it than it actually does. And, of course, lots of water.

You can do it!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    some exersice!!! no really it makes you forget about the hunger and by the time you have finished it you feel so good youve done it you dont want to eat!! lol works for me
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    water! or take some almonds.... the diet coke can be the source of your hunger as it has sugar in it which brings the cravings on...

Nuts are a good source of protein, or boil an egg white or two...

Diet Coke does NOT have sugar, which is why it causes hunger. The body treats artificial sweeteners the same way it treats sugar. It makes the liver and kidneys metabolize blood sugar instead of fat for energy, but when there isn't enough sugar in the blood it makes the body send hunger signals to replenish the blood sugar levels.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Chai tea it makes me feel fuller than water and with all the spices in it, it's very tasty with no milk or sugar and it's 0 calories! If you don't like Chai try some different herbal teas. They say that hunger is often mistaken for thirst so you may not be getting enough water as well.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your profile and your diary.... Hope you don't mind :flowerforyou:

haha but if that is really you in your profile picture... I would say that you are really close to your goal weight....

that being said. you are more than okay to bump your calories up a bit... I am still 10 pounds away from my goal and I bumped mine up 280 calories and I started losing even more weight than before... as you near your goal you need to eat more in order to continue losing...

If you do choose to bump your calories up I would bump them up into the 1400's or right around your BMR this will give you more calories to eat... and your body wont be starving all the time.... If you are STARVING.... then that is really your body's way of telling you that it needs more food...

just make sure you can tell the difference between hunger and craving pains. lol

Read the link in my signature.. this will explain why you need to be eating more.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you feel hungry it could mean you're really just thirsty... try to fill up on water and if that doesnt help have a some fruit or a fiber bar.
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    A hot glass of green tea helps me sometimes.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    some exersice!!! no really it makes you forget about the hunger and by the time you have finished it you feel so good youve done it you dont want to eat!! lol works for me

But in order to heal your muscles you must eat some of your calories back or yourbody will heal themselves by feasting on your muscle.... so if you exercise its great because then you can eat more!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    your snacks are all carbs...that might be triggering you to want more carbs and the hungry feeling

a glass of milk or coffee/tea with milk in it might get you thru till lunch

try eating VEGGIES...tasty and low calorie
    red/yellow/orange pepper strips (my new favorite)
    broccoli
    cauliflower

you might want to eat protein for breakfast...maybe an egg (or a couple egg whites if you are watching fat)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I think you might need to add some more calories to your daily intake. If you do I would add nuts, peanut butter, beans, veggies and dense, lean protein. Something with some substance that will hold you such as Celery stalks filled with peanut butter. Its a awesome filling snack. 200 to 300 more healthy calories won't hurt you because you are exercising.
  • BecH3
    BecH3 Posts: 2
    Options
    May i suggest in order to fix your problem today - you have a good meal.

Perhaps this site is not for me.
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looking at your picture, and your weight loss/target info - am i lost? This is my 'fitness' pal, not my 'pro anorexia' pal isn't it??

I'm a stone overweight after having a baby 6 months ago. My profile pic is the size i'm trying to get back to, i chose it to help motivate me.

Perhaps you just need someone to tell you that you look great, well, you do look very slim.

May i suggest in order to fix your problem today - you have a good meal.

Perhaps this site is not for me.
    I'm sure it is just lots of people on here with different goals - different strokes for different folks and all that!!