Need a yummy lo-cal dressing

Options
I'm loving all these salads but I have never liked low fat dressings. They are usually too sweet and the ones without sugar are vinegar based and I find that taste overwhelming. I wish I could just slather my salad with chunky blue cheese dressing...
I need to keep my dressing at around 100 cal. any suggestions?

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have actually quit using dressing altogether. I put all my salad ingredients on a plate, then go at it with a fork and knife until it's just tiny bits. Then each bite is very flavorful without dressing.
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I like Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard.. I usually like ranch, but I tried this the other week and it was suprisingly good! 70 cal per 2 TBS.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I like the Wishbone Salad Spritzers.. . .1 calorie per "spray" :tongue:
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear too....I love Ranch! and it has soooooooo many calories!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I second the salad spritzers!!! You can spritz away! 25 times = 25 calories :)
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and garlic salt! It's delish! :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Kraft Fat Free French dressing.
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Gorgonzola Dressing, or their Light Parmesan Ranch. My favorite go-to one is Girards Champagne Vinegarette.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I love low fat sesame dressing from Newman's Own, and I also love a good balsamic or raspberry vinagrette.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I use low fat cottage cheese or fresh salsa as a salad topper...both are super yummy!!
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I really like Kraft's low fat Raspberry Vinagrette. Now, I know you said you weren't a fan of the vinagrette type, but I wasn't either until I tried this one and I actually liked it, so I thought you might want to give it a shot. :-)
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like the Newman's Own low fat Sesame Ginger! You can also do lemonjuice, some dill weed, dijon mustard and some water. LOVE IT!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    cilantro lime!
    it's got a little bit of a spicy flavor to it though. just an fyi.
    but i LOVE it.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Kens Steakhouse Dressings. i love the Lite Vidalia Onion. YUMMY! Only 80 cals for 2 tbsp which is plenty. Here is the key to being satisfied with 2 tbsp.... Put your greens in a huge mixing bowl, measure out your 2 tbsp and toss it together well. then plate/bowl it and add your goodies. Its plenty, trust me.
  • krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like creamy dressings. Hidden Valley Light Ranch is really good and only 80 calories. Also Makoto Ginger dressing is really flavorful and also 80 calories. That dressing you will find in the actual veggie section of the supermarket not in the dressing sections.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I like Bragg's Organic Vinegarette. I believe it's 90 cals for 2 Tbsp, but it's really good and not fakey tasting at all.

It is the best thing in which to saute green beans!!!
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    On all my salads I use balsamic vinegar. It only has 5 calories a tablespoon and its sooo yummy!! If it's too bitter, I found that adding a little splenda helps! Also, sometimes I mince some garlic and some fresh basil into it also! I know my dad uses mustard as a salad dressing, but I think thats gross :tongue:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A big +1 on the Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger. 35 calories per 2 tablespoon serving, and quite good.
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    I sometimes use tomato juice or V8 instead of dressing :)
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a vidalia onion and summer tomato dressing...it is usually only available in specialty stores, but I recently found it on Amazon. It is only 25 calories per serving and the primary ingredient is tomatoes...delish!!! It is a bit sweet, though (but I like that).