Cheesy Chili Dog Soup!

Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
edited September 19 in Recipes
3152chilidog-soup.jpg

PER SERVING (1 generous cup): 150 calories, <0.5g fat, 850mg sodium, 26g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

So good, it'll make you bark. OK, we have no idea what that means. But it sounds impressive, doesn't it?!

Ingredients:
1 can Progresso Healthy Favorites 50% Less Sodium Garden Vegetable Soup
1 fat-free or nearly fat-free hot dog with 40 - 50 calories (like Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks or Yves Meatless Hot Dogs)
1/4 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. chili seasoning mix

Directions:
Cut the hot dog into tiny, bite-sized pieces. Spray a small pot with nonstick spray, bring to medium heat, and add hot dog pieces. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes, until outsides begin to crisp. Then add soup and seasoning mix to the pot, stir, and continue to cook until very hot. Spoon the soup into 2 bowls, and top each bowl with half of the cheese. Allow cheese to melt and soup to cool slightly before digging in. Mmmmm!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    3152chilidog-soup.jpg

PER SERVING (1 generous cup): 150 calories, <0.5g fat, 850mg sodium, 26g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

So good, it'll make you bark. OK, we have no idea what that means. But it sounds impressive, doesn't it?!

Ingredients:
    1 can Progresso Healthy Favorites 50% Less Sodium Garden Vegetable Soup
    1 fat-free or nearly fat-free hot dog with 40 - 50 calories (like Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks or Yves Meatless Hot Dogs)
    1/4 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 tsp. chili seasoning mix

Directions:
    Cut the hot dog into tiny, bite-sized pieces. Spray a small pot with nonstick spray, bring to medium heat, and add hot dog pieces. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes, until outsides begin to crisp. Then add soup and seasoning mix to the pot, stir, and continue to cook until very hot. Spoon the soup into 2 bowls, and top each bowl with half of the cheese. Allow cheese to melt and soup to cool slightly before digging in. Mmmmm!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS
  • Yummm sounds pretty good... I'd most likely add some onions... :)
  • Sounds yummy! :tongue: Will have to give it a try!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Omgosh, sounds so good!
  • Dreaa
    Dreaa Posts: 2
    MMMMMMmmmm..........
    hi I just joined and I was wondering what to make tonight thanks for the idea!!
    this sounds so very delicious I'll just have to try it...
    thanks healthier_me!!
    -Dreaa
  • Healthier_Me
    Very welcome Dreaa and welcome to MFP hon! :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Currently making this soup. Hope the hubby likes it!

WHOOPS! I have taco seasoning instead of chili seasoning. Oh well, too late now!:laugh:
  • Currently making this soup. Hope the hubby likes it!

WHOOPS! I have taco seasoning instead of chili seasoning. Oh well, too late now!:laugh:

Well??? How was it??? I have some good coupons for Progresso soup and I'm thinking about making it this weekend. I'm thinking your little taco seasoning faux paus would be good, too, with maybe some crumbled ground turkey in place of the hot dogs. Taco soup!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Currently making this soup. Hope the hubby likes it!

Well??? How was it??? I have some good coupons for Progresso soup and I'm thinking about making it this weekend. I'm thinking your little taco seasoning faux paus would be good, too, with maybe some crumbled ground turkey in place of the hot dogs. Taco soup!

I loved it! The real test was my picky husband. When I asked how he liked the soup, he said it was surprisingly good, and definetely worth repeating! (That's a big deal in our house... the 'worth repeating' part:wink: )

BTW, I used one heaping tablespoon of taco seasoning, might could have used as much as a heaping and a half. Hubby put crackers with his; I didn't have the calories to spare to do the same. I paired the soup with BLTs (mine was open-faced to save calories). The meal was VERY filling, which I wasn't expecting.
This discussion has been closed.