Zumba dvd's for busy moms and other busy people

Options
Hi everyone, I am a newbie.
I definitely suggest Zumba dvds for moms or other people who lack time to go to the gym. I have been dieing to get WII but dont have it yet so the Zumba WII game was not an option for me, and I don't have the time to get to the gym. Exercising never seemed fun to me, but I guess you just gotta find what you like. My fav equip at the gym is the elliptical, but it is just too costly to get one home now so I sat and had to think about how I will get my workouts in, realistically. I thought, hey I love to dance and haven't done it in so long that I can use the practice. So I started the Zumba DVD's this week. So far I am just doing the Basic 20 minute work out, because I have very little time on the weekdays and I need to ease into it all. It's totally fun, goes quick, but I definitly feel like I worked out. Just remember something is better than nothing. On Fri and weekend I plan to do the full exercise routin and also the toning dvd.
Good luck to everyone! Feel free to add me, I can use the encouragement!

Replies

• squink1980
    Options
    Good for you! I just got the 20 min workout...I love to dance and am usually fairly coordinated. I tried to follow the moves but my body just doesn't want to do what it's supposed to! lol They're a great workout, though!
  • cmehrer
    cmehrer Posts: 10
    Options
    i dont believe in spending vast amounts on working out either.... but just dancing is very effective. i have lost 11 lbs ( not always keepin up with work outs), and all i do is at home excersize, dancing like crazy, running on the spot and crunches!
  • butterflyintraining
    Options
    I love Zumba, but the Zumba Toning workout was very disappointing. The "Zumba sticks" are never going to develop muscle or strength! I still like Zumba for cardio, but I use other workouts for strength training.
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @ Squink: LOL, I know what you mean. It was the same for me on the first day. My feet and hips had a mind of their own, but by day three I have more control over my feet and my hips are getting a lil better. Practice makes perfect.

@ CMehrer: Congrats on the lbs shed, and keep movin'. That's what it's about!

@Butterfly: Thanks for the heads up on the toning. I guess I will see how it works for me this wknd, but feel free to give me some suggestions on what you do for toning!