BMR and thyroid problem

Options
On this site my BMR says its about 1600. I also am hypothyroid. What does that mean for my BMR? I keep seeing posts saying your BMR is what ever number, unless you have a thyroid problem.

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump. Its very frustrating, all the wonderful posts everyone makes with all this amazing information, then at the bottom: **disclaimer: unless you have a thyroid problem or are diabetic**. I'm both and would love to find some information that actually applied to me. There's so much wonderful information out there that people have and share....and then I find out that it doesn't apply to me!
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    The only person that can answer that question is your doctor, really. What I did was load up on B-vitamins and started making sure I was getting iodine and dieted "as normal." It'll fall off :-).
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was just recently diagnosed (with in the past 2 weeks) so I'm very new to it all. I wasn't gaining much weight before I knew I had this, but I couldn't lose any.
  • kikibruce
    kikibruce Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also have thyroid problems. I didnt know that it affected my bmr tho.
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I also have thyroid problems. I didnt know that it affected my bmr tho.

I didn't know that either. I saw a couple posts on here about people saying it.