Lower back/hip pain

Options
hroush
hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
It's been happening for a while now, but whenever I sit in my computer chair at home for even a small length of time or especially my chair at work, I have to stand in place for a couple seconds because my left hip and lower back hurt horribly. After a couple seconds and a couple steps, the pain goes away. I have thought about buying a lower back support that you place on the chair, but haven't done it yet. I don't have any back problems any other time, including working out.

Thoughts?

Replies

• patrickkallie
    Options
    It could be a lot of things. I had that same problem with my hip and I found out that it was arthritis. How long have you been having this problem? One thing I would do is to do plenty of stretching to see if that helps.
  • hroush
    Options
    I think it started a little over a month ago, maybe more. I got a new chair at home a couple weeks ago and that helped, but didn't completely cure it at home.
  • Chestica
    Chestica Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the same problem except its just my lower left back not hip. I wake up stiff, but once I move around its better and when I sit for longer periods of time it bothers me too (like right now). It could be your bed (which is my prob, its too firm) and also not enough excersice/stretching to loosen joints for mobility....OR more serious,
  • hroush
    Options
    I don't wake up stiff, just after I've been sitting in one of these two chairs for a while. I don't have any problems with the chairs at school. I'll be switching offices soon and I'll be getting a different chair, so hopefully that will help.