New here

Options
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jen and I'm new here. I've been battling my weight for years. I lost quite a bit of weight in 2002 after finding out I was diabetic, but gained all of it back by having three kids since then! I have been *saying* I want to lose weight for a long time, but I'm determined to actually start doing it. I want to do it for myself, so that I can get off my diabetes meds or at least reduce them, for my self-esteem, and probably most important, for my kids, so I can be a role model to them and be around to see them get old! I'm looking for any extra support and people to encourage me to not give up this time, so if you are willing to do that, please add me as a friend!

Replies

• BrilliantLove
    BrilliantLove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP jen! you will find lots of amazing people with experiences and encouragement to share :smile:
  • Silveremotion
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support... lets get this going :)
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jen and I'm new here. I've been battling my weight for years. I lost quite a bit of weight in 2002 after finding out I was diabetic, but gained all of it back by having three kids since then! I have been *saying* I want to lose weight for a long time, but I'm determined to actually start doing it. I want to do it for myself, so that I can get off my diabetes meds or at least reduce them, for my self-esteem, and probably most important, for my kids, so I can be a role model to them and be around to see them get old! I'm looking for any extra support and people to encourage me to not give up this time, so if you are willing to do that, please add me as a friend!

hey GO BUCKEYES BABY!!! noce picture!
  • libbyadams2010
    libbyadams2010 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new here too.. I've lost weight in the past even lost 50 lbs in 95 but over the years it has slowly came back. My husband and I have been trying without much luck I have lost 10 lbs but he can't seem to lose and he is doing very well sticking to his diet but it's just not coming off. We are trying and we are going to keep trying hoping that it will kick in and start coming off for him.
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome Jen! This is a great site to make new friends and get the support you need on your journey. There are so many people who can relate and give insight to whatever you may be experiencing! You can do this this time, remember you are worth it!
  • pina1958
    pina1958 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wish you all the best x:flowerforyou:
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great, i have been here a week now and its overwhelming how supportative the people here are. Not only do you have people to help support you but it also makes you accountable for what you eat and do. So i hope you enjoy this site and make use of all the tools they have provided!!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO MFP! This site is really terrific, along with the people on here with like goals! I too decided it was time to lose weight and get into shape for my daughter's sake. I want to be an active grandma someday, way off in the distant future!!! This site has helped my set realistic goals, find people that are full of encouragement, and given me the tools to make healthy life style choices!
    Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends!