HELP, PMS, Munchies and motivation!

Options
Ugh! PMS really gets to me... I dont want to do anything but sleep... I get soooo tired...
I also get sooooo hungry and munchie... I can eat sooooo much healthy food and I'm still hungry... I'm craving bad foods aka chocolate...

anyone know WHY we crave sweets during this time? Like medically? brain wise?

Just eating a few pieces of chocolate or sweets isnt enough either... ugh... Any tips on some filling quantity wise treats? I get only dark chocolate as thats my favorite and better then milk... and nuts... to try and help with that fatty craving...

I've been trying to think of healthier snacks... or even meals to fulfill my 'needs" and I just dunno lol

Replies

• millermichellelea
    Options
    :happy: Was just there
    one word --NUTELLA is my friend......fixes the chocolate craving and I make myself work out or I don't get it. Works every time.
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    Yes, Nutella is DELIC!! I'm a totalll choco-holic, 24/7!!!
    My favorite is to spread 1 tbsp Nutella and 1 tbsp peanut butter on some whole wheat bread. It is the best!! Totally nails my choco cravings!!

Or, sometimes I buy one dark chocolate bar, like Dove (considering you can work it into your calories for the day),
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolatey Delight Cereal with either vanilla or chocolate soy milk! :)

Planters Flavor Grove Cinnamon & Cocoa almonds!

Careful with Nutella- I can't go near it because it's one of those no control foods for me. I used to be able to sit with a spoon and eat it- it's VERY high in cals and sugar... but I heard it's great with honey wheat braided pretzels or rice cakes! :)
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat more calories during my period. I have found that even with a slight increase in calories, it doesn't really affect my weight loss all that much. Your body works harder during that time, which is probably why you feel hungrier.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is a natural pain killer, and also lifts serotonin levels ie: pleasure hormone, so yes the body will crave it, but if you do a workout, it should subside quite a bit, as this also elevates your HAPPY! hormones, and will lessen PMS. Hugs, good luck sweetie.:bigsmile:
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    :happy: Was just there
    one word --NUTELLA is my friend......fixes the chocolate craving and I make myself work out or I don't get it. Works every time.

What a great idea! I'm totally gonna turn to Nutella the next day I have a chocolate craving I cannot shake.... but only AFTER i do the work :wink:
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to spread 1 tbsp Nutella and 1 tbsp peanut butter on some whole wheat bread. It is the best!! Totally nails my choco cravings!!

Yes! This is my absolute favourite way to kill the chocolate cravings. It's sooo unbelievably good.