MFP Runner's Club - October 5

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran a 10.1 miles this morning. It is a lovely day here.

Happy running
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran a 10.1 miles this morning. It is a lovely day here.

Happy running
    -Kechie.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    WTG Kechie!!

I am going to a spin/circuit training class later this morning.

Good runs/rests to all!
    JD
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Right back at cha my running friend - I, too, did 10 wonderful miles this am!!

Ready for my first 1/2 Marathon next weekend!!! ACK!! What was I thinking!! I am running the Baltimore Running Festival - it is a giant Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 5K race in Baltimore, MD. 17,000 people!!

Hi to all my Running buddies!! I miss you all so much!! Just wanted to check in and say that i am still running but had to give up going to the gym due to crazy work schedule. I now get up at 5:30 with all you early birds and get in 3-4 miles each morning before the kids get up! I told you all during the summer that I would eventually start doing this! I love getting the miles under my belt and don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

I miss you all and hopefully once my busy season is over I will be back on a daily basis checking in and cheering you on!

xxoo
    Tricia
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Tricia-Great job!!! Glad to hear from you. We have missed your enthusiastic posts! Good luck on your 1/2. Hope things slow down soon.

JD
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    wow!! 10 miles... I can only hope!! Great job!!!:drinker: I ran 6 miles on this beautiful crisp missouri morning! Have a great day runners!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Well.. unsure if I am going to run today -- we'll see. May be a rest day after doing a little speedwork.
    Have a great day!:drinker:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Rest day for me! Have a great day,
    Bunny
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    12-mile long run for me today. It was such a beautiful morning. I love fall!

Off to my son's football game..

Good job runners!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Am I able to join this topic? I just started MFP a few days ago and I am also a runner, will be doing my first 1/2 in two weeks!

Today was our last long run and it was 21.3km...I found it very hard as there were so many hills throughout the route but I survived although it took 2:17:00 and I am wanting to do my 1/2 in 2:10:00.

I'm from Canada and we measure in km's!!!

Kim
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    WELCOME, KD!!!! I was welcomed in just a few weeks ago. This group is true motivation without any guilt. Without these guys, I might not have found the strength to run a 5k a few weeks ago and to start running competitively again. I love these guys.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Am I able to join this topic? I just started MFP a few days ago and I am also a runner, will be doing my first 1/2 in two weeks!

Today was our last long run and it was 21.3km...I found it very hard as there were so many hills throughout the route but I survived although it took 2:17:00 and I am wanting to do my 1/2 in 2:10:00.

I'm from Canada and we measure in km's!!!

Kim

Welcome KD :drinker: 2:17 is a respectable time. After two more weeks of prepping for the race, you should find yourself rested, and with the excitement of race day, you should be able to pick up several minutes without even trying. Just don't start out to fast. Run your own race, and, most importantly, enjoy yourself.
    Tom (displaced Canadian)
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey runners: Well finally got in a run, but it was almost a no go. My right hip as been bothering me, but thought I would try. Took af ew steps, but too painful, so headed back home. Decided to jog a house away from mine, and the pain was gone! So did a quick 3k+ loop around my neighborhood, in case I started to hobble. DId a really good stretch, and was pain free for a few hours. It's back now, will be getting it checked out tomorrow. Only hope I didn't do more damage, but I am stubborn.

Welcome, KD fellow Canadian! I am from Montreal, you? Good luck with your 1/2!

Great runs everyone, Looks like Sunday are long run days.

Carol
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,367 Member
    Options
    Hello All and welcome KD! I'm so impressed with all the long runs out there today!

Caravan: hope you figure something out for that hip of yours :flowerforyou:

I was scheduled for 8 miles this morning, but I woke up with a killer headache. Took a couple of Advil and a two hour nap after church. Slept that headache away, so my 8 yo daughter rode her bike while I went for an easy 5K. It is so beautiful: warm and lovely leaves on the trees.

Ready to go attempt my first P90X video: chest and back.

Happy running to all!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join up! I am training for a half for the next 16 wks with my boyfriend. My actual training starts tomorrow with some crosstraining (cycling). Today I wanted to do a step class and an easy 2 miles, but I just haven't eaten enough and have no appetite lol. Thursday I ran 5k in 33 min and Friday I ran 4.25 mi in 53 min. I will be doing a 5k race called the Turkey Trot on Nov. 15th. I hope to finish in 30 min. or less!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Ran almost four this morning at my IL's. Yay all!
  • kdsmith
    Options
    You'll definitely get under 30 minutes if you're already doing 5k in 33. I usually run my 5k about 4 minutes faster on race day.
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Tom, where are you displaced from?!

Carol, I'm in Ontario, just outside of Toronto. We had a Homeopath come to speak to our running group and she suggested Arnica for stiffness and some pain. I have had terribly sore hamstrings for a couple of months now and even massage therapy hasn't helped a lot. I took some Arnica right before a run and my hamstrings were fine, it is unbelievable the difference when I forget to take it. Just a thought...our running group has had quite a few success stories with various homepath remedies and my friend used it for her sore hip and it has helped her as well.

Kim
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely get under 30 minutes if you're already doing 5k in 33. I usually run my 5k about 4 minutes faster on race day.

Woohoo, that is great to hear! I did take it pretty easy, I sprinted the last 20 seconds or so. Plus it was a hilly run, and the trail for the Turkey Trot is nice and flat. I'm so excited :bigsmile:
  • kdsmith
    Options
    My 1/2 marathon is a fairly flat course with only a couple of hills so I am hoping that will increase my time.

I must admit that I find the 5k race much harder than the 1/2 marathon distance. I try to run as fast as I can the whole distance and always feel sick by the end...too competitive I guess...at least with the 1/2 distance I pace myself more.

Today I am going to try out the Shred DVD for the first time, no running as I can barely walk from being so stiff from yesterday...I will see how the dvd works out as I don't imagine it will make me feel any less stiff!!

Kim