New to MFP, Need friends, JM Shred??

Options
Hi I've been reading posts about you guys out there doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I'm interested to know how your results have been, if you recommend and do you need any special equipment? I have been doing yoga several times a week for strength and I run 4-5 times a week for cardio, but I'm stuck in a rut. Scales hasn't moved much for months that's why I joined this site. Also I have not posted before so I currently have no friends, if anyone out there is interested let me know as I could use the motivation!

Replies

• Najus1
    Najus1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am interested to hear about the 30 day shred as well.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS this morning, and loved it cuz it totally kicked my butt! All you need is a set of hand weights and a yoga mat if your exercising on a hard surface. Feel free to add me if you need friends!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You can certainly friend me. I'm currently doing the Shred--Day 1/ Level 3. I find it extremely challenging and effective. All you'll need are a set of dumbells (3-5 lbs) and mat if your floor is hard. Looking forward to seeing your posts.
  • nikkijedlo
    nikkijedlo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi ya!

My workouts are usually 4 miles on the treadmill and/or the Slim in Six series Burn it up dvd. I do Zumba with my sister once a week if we can escape from home to go to class.

I just started the 30DS Sat. Equipment, all you need is 3 or 5 lbs hand weights and a mat if you're working out on a hard surface. I, too, was stuck in a rut, which is why I threw this dvd in - there have been so many rave reviews of it. It has really challenged my upper body, so I'm hoping that the scale will start moving now that new muscles are working! lol!

I'll send you a friend request and maybe we can motivate each other out of this rut! :)
  • caboeyes
    caboeyes Posts: 24
    Options
    Today was my first day doing the Shred. I loved it! I have felt so strong all day and even did my normal Curves workout this evening in addition to my Shred this morning. I'm sorry I can't report results yet, but stay tuned. I had my hubby take a before photo this morning and I weighed in and I will do the same in 29 days to report in.

As far as special equipment, all you need is a set of hand weights and a mat if you are working on a hard floor. JM kicked my *kitten*! But i was able to keep up for most of level one. It's a 20 minute workout. I downloaded from Amazon ($1.99 for level 1 only). I figure I'll try it and if I enjoy it and want to move further, I can purchase level 2 & 3 later (each one is $1.99 from Amazon download)
  • marcial9s
    marcial9s Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all that great info, I appreciate it! And good luck, I look forward to hearing (seeing?) your results in a month!

Marcia :)
  • marcial9s
    marcial9s Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks Nikki, and good luck to you! I am new to navigating this site and just figured out how to look at and reply to my post, lol.
    I would love to have a friend to motivate and help motivate me, so thanks for being my friend! I've been running for about a year now, and although I'm supposedly burning many calories I sure haven't seen much in a weight change. I know my body has changed though and all in all that's really more important so I will keep it up. Besides my dog loves it so he helps me stay motivated too!
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS in Februaury and do need to get back on the ball with it, the only thing you need is a set of light dumbells. Even after one session I could feel it. Welcome to mfp. Its a great site.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I finished the Slim in 6 series and tried the 30-day shred, but only made it through about 3 days because I didn't feel I was getting a good workout. My heart rate got up there, but just when I started to get into the workout it was over :( I'm now doing 3 days of Slim in 6 (burn it up-ugh, sooo tired of that DVD!) and the other 3 days I rotate in some P90X cardio DVD's. I still do the shred workout if I cannot fit anything else into my schedule, but that's not that often. Any suggestions in terms of a good all-around cardio+strength+abs routine that's NOT Slim in 6?? :) Thanks!!