New and needing others like me to talk to

Options
emma6978
emma6978 Posts: 22 Member
Hi my name is Emma and from Northwest section of IN. I'm 33 and have reached my highest weight ever and have been struggling to get back into eating right and just moving. I've lost my job in Aug of 2010 and I've been stationary in my movement and with it being winter isnt' helping. I have lost most of my ambition for life and anything involving being the best me and now I'm trying to get it back. I have a supportive husband and friend but they don't really know and understand how it is being this large and trying to get my life back. Trying to get back into movement has not been easy but with weakend lower back muscle but I keep trying. If anyone lives in the area and wants to walk with me or needs someone to talk with I'm here.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Emma :) So Excited for you to be pushing through your obstacles to fight for your life! We're here to encourage you :)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    this site is amazing and if you would like to add me i try my best to encourage everyone on here...and i love to be encouraged also:smile:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Hey! Like the other said, this site is an awesome tool to help you keep track of what you're doing. I'm 29 & live in central Indiana, so I couldn't walk with you, but you can always talk to me if you need someone to talk to. I've been where your at (at least from what you've mentioned), and it isn't fun or easy. But it can be done! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes this site is really good.. I know I love it and it really helps :o) good luck :o)
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma,

I am not in Indiana but I have loads of family. I feel your pain. My husband has been laid off for 2 years. I hate my job and it barely pays the bills. We lost our apartment in a fire, two family member to cancer, and last week my husband total his car. I find the only thing that I can control in my life is my weight. Everything else falls apart, I can still control my calorie intake. Plus it helps me deal with the stress. I have now lost 19 pounds. Welcome and good luck.
  • Patecakers
    Options
    Welcome Emma! This site has helped me in more ways than you can possibly imagine! I've recently joined when I was at my lowest point and the people on here are SO supportive! A little bit of advice that I can give you walking is wonderful..drink lots of water and DANCE...I've lost a little over 5 pounds just from dancing like an idiot in my room! I no longer drink soda pop either and that helped with my calorie count in a BIG way! YOu never know how much calories you're getting thanks to pop until you stop drinking it....I've never felt better! Yes there are times when I get cravings and that's when I reach for a flavored carbonated water beverage...I've tricked my body into thinking it's pop and when I want the real thing I go for ginger ale. IT HELPS!! :)

again welcome and YOU CAN DO THIS!
    PATTY
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Im in a similar situation being that I lost my job last year however Im now in school. I also have a weakened back being that I broke my back before, so I know how hard that can be. I'm not married I'm actually single but some of the people in my life actually tell me why should they care i'm losing weight I should have never gained it. 'So I know how hard it can be to find motivation but this site is great for that. I'm here for you anytime you need some support or to talk.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am very impressed to hear you are going to push through your down times! I too had some life altering things happen almost 2 years ago. I was in a great place, down to my goal weight, exercising regularly, eating better than I ever had been,... then personal disasters struck. My dad was diagnosed in June with terminal cancer and given 2 weeks - 2 months to live. In July my hubby was laid off from his job and unemployment paid 1/3 of what he ahd been bringing home. Dad passed away in September. The final was the bills going crazy in January. I got to a point I really didn't care what happened. Companies could reposess it all for all I cared! I didn't get depressed, I just did what i wanted to do and did the best I could.
    Now, a year later from when I finally started to care again, I am back in the place I was helath wise and ready to conquer the weight again. Since joining MFP and being " a good gir" I have lost 10 lbs and continue to enjoy life!
    I don't lvie near you, I'm in CT. but I am happy to be there for you for encouragemnet and a shoulder to cry on!!!!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like to!