Options
meemo88
meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
I might make this tonight.

1 100 calorie light english muffin
1/4 c. pizza sauce
handful shredded low fat mozzerella cheese
few baby pepperonies or whatever toppings you like

slice the english muffin in half, spead pizza sauce on both, pile on the cheese and toppings. put the oven on broil and in 5-7 minutes they will be nice and toasted and cheese is bubbling and brown.

around 200 cals depending on what toppings you put. you can have it with a side of baked chips, sugar free pudding, or a side salad and ranch.

yummy =)

Replies

• chaser90
    chaser90 Posts: 1
    Options
    sounds delish!! can't wait to try! :)
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you are into mushroom pizza, making the pizza on a portabella cap is also a great way to get a pizza fix. I bake the cap for about 10 minutes, open side down, so that the shroom releases much of its water content. Flip it over, add your toppings and enjoy a knife and fork mushroom pizza without any bread product whatsoever!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ooooohhh...yumminess! thanks for sharing!
  • chocmonster2012
    chocmonster2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love the sound of that, thanks. I love pepperoni thin crust pizza, but at over 400 calories for 1/2 a 12" pizza it's calorie overload for a full one! :smile:
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    :smile: I use either a pita or tortilla just to get my pizza fix!!! Kids love it because they get to make their own pizzas
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes - pittas here too ..... great fun and only take 10-15 mins in the oven !!
  • chocmonster2012
    chocmonster2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just made one of these tonight with a pitta bread, mozzarella, onion, garlic sausage and veg pasta sauce as a base. It was yummy and came in at around 300 cals. I'm going to try and find a lower cal pitta/tortilla and if you use low fat mozzarella you can save more cals.

Thanks for sharing this idea.

Penny
  • toliz
    toliz Posts: 1
    Options
    Brilliant Idea, Love It, Portobello Mushrooms are the best!! Try Turkey Pepperoni for even lower points, taste great and not as fatty or greasy as regular pepperoni, Happy Eating
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I use turkey pepperoni and Joseph's Lavash (100 calories and it is huge).