P90X - Diet Followers...

Options
I am only on my second week (11th day) of P90X and I am having a HARD time with the diet. I'm fine eating healthy, a healthy diet is normal for me so I have no problem giving up junk food (well maybe a little, LOL) but eating all that protein and getting all those calories is seriously making me nauseas. I am not a big eater. I'm more of a snacker. You know, grab an apple hear, some string cheese here, etc. For the last few days I want to puke after I'm done eating. It's sooooo much food, protein, calories, I'm not even reaching all my percentages and I feel stuffed and sick every day. I couldn't even finish today's protein shake because I knew if I took one more drink that I would lose it. The only one I get close to reaching is carbs, and honestly have been over a couple days on those (only be a few). And that's with sticking to the P90X diet. (BTW I charted their daily menu and their diet puts you over in carbs too. Just thought I'd mention that, incase anyone else is struggling with the higher carbs then they alot also.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has done P90X but not followed the diet exactly and still gotten good results. I'm just not sure if I can continue with this. I really think I need to take a few days off from the protein shake already or I will end up getting sick. I wish I could just eat normal, healthy, but normal and still see good results.

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    The diet plans that come with P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, and all those things are meant to teach people who don't already know how, how to eat properly. If you know your body and what your body needs, stick with what you know. My only suggestion would be to stick to the carb/fat/protein *percentages* that P90X sets....so take your chosen calorie goal, and figure out how many of your calories need to come from protein, fat and carbs, if for example, P90X says to have 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats. Make sense? Also, if you do find you are hungry, eat more. Listen to your body. Good luck with it. I am sure you will do great.
  • nlessar
    nlessar Posts: 3
    Options
    We're not following the P90X meal/diet plan and we've had awesome results so far. My husband and I started counting calories on MFP on Christmas Day and started P90X Jan. 6th. He's lost 30 lbs and I've lost 14 lbs. It truly is amazing how different our bodies look. We haven't followed the P90X diet, but have done the exercise program faithfully and have cut back to having 2 glasses of wine once a week and have changed how we eat. Lots of fruits and veggies, oatmeal, grilled chicken breast, homemade flatbread pizzas (use Ghossains flatbread that we order from Ohio- only 55 calories! and delicious), protein bars and plenty of water. You can be successful without following that diet program. You're gonna do great!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Do you know if you can buy the shakes in stores or is it only through the website?
  • kalli4
    kalli4 Posts: 13
    Options
    mkcalvert - I bought a protein shake from my local GNC. Beachbody's is pricey. You can get protein shakes elsewhere. My sister gets hers at Walmart. Just make sure it's whey protein it has less fat and carbs.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to try to just eat at my comfort level but still make sure it's high in protein. It's just soooo much food and way more calories then I'm use to.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Phase 2 and I use the P90X diet as guidelines. I will tell you that I have never ingested their recommended protein amount (like you it hurts my tummy). I just make sure that I do have a protein shake or bar right after the workout to aid in muscle recovery. I try not to go over on carbs or fat... sometimes challenging. And I have never gone over the 1800 calories (ok maybe once, but I was really bad that day). I think you would be fine just choosing a general high protein diet and doing the workouts. With this program there is no way that you won't see results!! Good luck!