WAT THE HELL!!???

Options
I weighed 133 a week ago and eating the same and exersing more this week i weighied in at 132.8!!!! i only lost 0.2 of a pound!!! I am so frustrated.. I had been lazy with the exersizing over the past two weeks and lost 3 pounds over the two weeks and this week i started excersizing again and i lost less!!! WHY!?

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I weighed 133 a week ago and eating the same and exersing more this week i weighied in at 132.8!!!! i only lost 0.2 of a pound!!! I am so frustrated.. I had been lazy with the exersizing over the past two weeks and lost 3 pounds over the two weeks and this week i started excersizing again and i lost less!!! WHY!?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Calm down - it's okay!!!

Many things could be happening - such as that you either you gained muscle or you're carrying water weight. One weigh in does not a diet make....

Think of it this way, all week you took care of yourself and your heart by exercising and the great news is you didn't gain any weight.

Don't be so hard on yourself - have some patience. We didn't gain it all nice and neatly in a weeks time either. :wink:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You've most likely lost fat but gained muscle from exercising. It will help the process in the long run as muscle burns more calories than fat. On weeks like those you may not lose much weight but lose inches instead. Have you taken any measurements?
  • whiteporchm
    Options
    Dont give up when it starts falling off you will be takeing all those words back
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd taken measurements when I started. I must resort to mirror judgement, beltability and feeling myself up. :laugh:

It's true about the muscle.

And, maybe it's a case for weighing more frequently then once per week? As some may know, I'm an advocate of the daily weigh. Had that been done, you'd know better if it was water retention at least. Muscle gain is a little harder to tell because there is no "spike". You have to judge as well by how you've been eating in combination with exercise.
  • thebadbear
    Options
    Don't get frustrated!
    Check out the topic "I thought I was doing this right - so why am I gaining?" by songbyrdsweet in General Discussion.... she has some really really good points!
    And don't give up!
  • joanne123
    Options
    hey yes, you're doing really well!
    there's the muscle thing lots of people are reminding you about and also the hormone thing - I dont know about you, but there are times when I simply weigh more than is logical! I put that down to hormonal swings! :smile:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    Thank you guys.. thank you so much for your comments.. it just gets so frustratin the closer to your goal you get!! thanks for the support!!! hope all of u are on track <3
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Building muscle mass will make it initially look like you aren't losing weight when in fact you are still losing body fat but gaining lean muscle.