Roasted Red Pepper Soup w/ PHOTO, 2 WW Points

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
I took today off from work just for fun; I’m going to Turbo Jam, study, re-format and nutritionally calculate my recipe binder AND finally cook some of the recipes that were sitting in my “Must Try” document FOREVER!

This was my lunch creation, soooooo delicious! I’ve added it to the recipe section entitled ‘Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 2 WW Points’

* Breakfast creation was just posted a few minutes ago, Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie, yum!

Roasted Red Pepper Soup

2 red peppers, roasted
½ tsp olive oil
2 tbsp onion
6 medium baby carrots
1 garlic cloves
Dash of; sea salt, parsley, thyme, rosemary, marjoram and fennel seed
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp nonfat plain yogurt

Directions: Grill red peppers until skin turns black and starts to blister. Remove peppers and place them into a container with a lid. Cover the peppers to build up steam, let peppers rest for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions, carrots, garlic, and herbs and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add water, roasted bell peppers and chopped sweet potato. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low and cover, simmer until the potatoes are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Remove soup and put in a blender along with yogurt, blend until smooth. Serve toped with fresh ground black pepper. Serves 2.

WW Points: 2
Nutrition: 122 calories, 115mg sodium, 26g carbs, 5g fiber, 2g fat, 3g protein.

Picture515.jpg

Replies