Elliptical vs Treadmill

Options
2»

Replies

• k_b_fit
    k_b_fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical. Mine has Jillian Michaels workouts on it and it kicks my butt!
  • jforddesign
    jforddesign Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you are a runner, i'd recommend ellipticals. They are safer, work out a wider muscle range, and much much easier on your knees. Its also easier to read while using one :D
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I prefer the elliptical, but it won't prepare you for when the zombies attack.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    definately elliptical i burn more calories with the elliptical it dont kill my knees like the treadmill and its easy to read without even holding on. lol i split my cardio time between the elliptical, the treadmill, and the stationary bike like today i did 30 mins on the elliptical and 10 each on the other two
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I prefer treadmill. But after reading these posts, I am wondering if I was doing something wrong on the elliptical because it KILLED my knees, whereas jogging on the treadmill doesn't. Hmmm...weird!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical. Mine has Jillian Michaels workouts on it and it kicks my butt!

Mine too! Aren't they great!!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I love doing the elliptical for my workouts but I also run 2-3 days a week outdoors. I can't do the treadmill since that's in my husband's gun room. I mean it's hard to get motivated and inspired staring at a bunch of dead deer on the walls. YUCK!:laugh:
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Buy a bike and ride it outside. It's fun, you get free wind to cool you down, and it's a calorie BLASTER!
  • lisamarquez
    Options
    I like the elliptical. Easier on the knees and back. I used to do the treadmill and noticed that my back was giving me a lot of trouble. I recently purchased an elliptical and love it so far. I notice that I also burn more calories.