Hello everyone, I am new

Options
Hi, my name is Whitney and I am new to myfitnesspal. I am trying to drop a few pounds and am looking forward to tracking my progress with my fitnesspal. I am a 24 yr old mother of two. I love eating, and that's why it's so hard to watch my weight. I love candy and snacks and all the above. If anyone has suggestions of how I could stop the urge to eat and help me get motivated to excercise it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You are in the right place - lots of support here!!!!

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    You will love this website. It is so helpful!! Feel free to add me as a MFP friend:flowerforyou:
  • slmcfadden
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shari! I am new to this website and have tried others. I am going to make this one work. I am going to stop "trying" to do anything and JUST DO IT! I need to loose roughly 90-100 pounds. I am going to do it. I may take me a while but I am not going to let myself be fat anymore. I am morbidly obese according to the doctors. I have to be able to be here for my little boy and future children as well. I am doing this for me!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Start tracking and tell yourself you are not going over for any reason.Track just before or immediately after you eat so that you don't find out at supper time that you don't have any calories left. Try to remember portion control and limit your snacks.
    I love something with my tea after supper, so I switched from cookies, cakes, etc to crackers & just stick to the number for a serving. I severely limit fast food, had maybe once since I started MFP & I only ate 1/2 of my meal.
    :smile:
    Good luck.
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find that tracking alone helps with over eatting. It's like a competition with yourself. I also find that exercising makes junk food not worth it. If I eat it before I exercise it makes me sick, and if I eat it after my exercise, I feel like I wasted a work out. Smaller portions are the key though. You shouldn't have to give up everything you love to lose weight. I recommend using sweets as a reward for days when you have saved the extra 100 calories for a candy bar. Thats what I do anyways. Hope this helps. Feel free to friend me if you're looking for some support.
  • kkgoyette
    Options
    Hello everyone I am here to get encouragement and support on the struggle of keeping the weight off.
  • ScrewtheCause
    ScrewtheCause Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!

I don't have any kids myself but a couple of my friends are mothers. They've told me that a good inspiration to help them in their goals of loosing weight is thinking about what you are teaching your kids about eating.
    It's also a good way to teach your kids about new healthier options instead of falling back on junk food as the only snack.

Also a tip I've heard from a good friend is if you are experiencing hunger pains and it's not a time you should be eating (ex right before dinner, etc) try a glass of cold water. It helps fill your stomach and helps to burn calories because your body is working to warm the cold water.
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this app about a month ago and last week I decided to get real with it and dropped 1.8 pounds I am excited to keep going and to reach my goal. I Only have one buddy so far so if you want you can add me  good luck to all!